New

• August 23, 2006 1:59 PM BST
    Hi I've been crossdressing for awhile now, I actually started very young, but my parents caught me when I was 10 and taught me *better*, so I did it very less. Anyways, I've started doing it a lot more, got my wig, some makeup, breast forms, lol. I don't leave my room, though. (I'm 19 btw).

Anyways, every night after work I come home and dress up, then sit there all night doing normal things just trying to see if it feels *right*. I think it does. But I don't know what to do about it. I live in Alberta, a very conservative province in Canada. My family wouldn't accept me like this, neither would my friends. They are very racist, conservative people. Man marries woman, woman stays at home and cooks, man makes money, ect. I'm conservative myself, not as much as others, but I don't quite *believe* in homosexuality. I want to be a woman so I can live how I feel I was meant to.

I dunno If I told my family this, they'd turn their backs on me, same with my friends. And it'd be worse at work, a texas bar. I know I like dressing up as a woman, I know I like feeling like a woman, and the only thing stopping me from doing anything more than dressing up in my room is the reaction of my family and friends. I don't want to *come out* too them and then everyone turns their backs on me and I'm left in the cold, nowhere to go or work, exiled from my small town. I'm just lost. Leaving as a guy just isn't satisfying. I've got no feelings for it. I basically live as a drone.

Any suggestions on what I should do!?!??!
    • 30 posts
    August 23, 2006 3:56 PM BST
    Kelly, I know how you must feel.
    But one thing you can do is USE THE INTERNET! I have been able to "be myself" and make friends without the least chance of being caught by family members or friends.
    You can find all kinds of support from TW and some similar groups, but you can also put your feminine persona into the world without prejudice.
    I began by playing interactive internet games (cribbage, etc.) under a feminine name, and chatting with people while I played. This led to friendships and chat that had nothing to do with the game itself.
    It would be unfair to try to lead men into romance without them having a clue, but it is a great feeling to have a woman "pal" with whom you can talk about everyday things, and be totally accepted as a woman.
    The internet has been a great confidence builder for me, and has given me the courage to go out and be the woman I want to be out in the real world.
    Good luck, girl!

Karin
    • 2627 posts
    August 23, 2006 2:30 PM BST
    I'd say take your time. You have a lot of sorting out to do.
    Your in the same place a lot of us are. We don't feel right as men but can't come out as women.
    You can get a lot of info from past forums & ask a lot a of questions we'll answer as best we can.

Just hang on for now.