The Moment

• 1198 posts
    August 31, 2004 4:02 PM BST
    Ok all,
    we all knew something was different about us from an early age, but when you decided to come out what was going through your mind at the time?. Did you realise this was the way for you for life at the very start, if not when did you realise it was?
    Me when i came out i thought S**t what if i'm hated and never liked again, how am i going to cope without my family and not seeing my children, who is going to love me. These are all very scary thought's but i some how worked my way round them one by one.
    I only started this was me for life until very recently since about 2001 to be exact. The marriage was breaking down and my feelings to live as a woman were becoming stronger every day, so the long road started and i am thankful i did as i would be in real turmoil now......love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    August 31, 2004 5:44 PM BST
    Maria,
    i'm sorry to say this but i find this hard to take in,you said TM's was your first time out dressed in public but in your blogs you said you have been out several times in public dressed before TM's
    So are you really out or are you saying so to "save face" in front of everyone? And then there is the matter of telling your family, on this thread you have said they were realy cool with you, but again in your blog's you said they were dead against you at first. So what i am saying maria is, there is girls who come on this Site looking for advice and help, your attitude and concept of being a T-girl is that it is all rose's and sunlight, when infact its a damn hard way of life.
    These girls will go out thinking "hey i am invinsible" when in reality they could have all thier hopes and dreams dashed, through the statement you have made on this thread.
    I am sorry if anyone thinks i am being hard faced or nasty but listen to the wake up call ladie's this is a hard and nasty world we live in.........JJ xx
  • September 1, 2004 10:20 AM BST
    I came out (verbally) as late as two years ago. But since the issue had "matured" inside me for all my life I needed no time for weighting the alternatives. For me there was only one way...straight ahead into womanhood.
    First time dressed out ever I was only one year ago, after 8 months on hormones. And now I´m facing the SRS. My speed has been very high, I don´t want to waste a single day.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    September 1, 2004 2:39 PM BST
    Hi Shan,
    it seem's as if alot of us came out to our mum's first, i wonder why that is? maybe its because they carried us for 9 month's and the bond is made. They are the one's who make it all better when we cried, so our instinct is to tellour mum's and hope they will make it better.
    As for being liberal with the truth when we come out to friends and alike, that is just self presivation i think. Because the less said to them if they don't like what they hear, the less they have to use against us.....thats my way of thinking anyway.......love JJ xx
  • September 2, 2004 5:20 AM BST
    I guess in normal mother-child relationship it is like that. I don´t have that luxury. I don´t have practically any relationship to my mother and that is not my fault. I have tried for years, but then given up. She is hopeless, she has no feelings at all. Bad luck, I guess.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    September 2, 2004 9:53 AM BST
    Laura that is so sad, for you i mean. then again its your mum's loss for she is lossing a daughter who i think has alot to offer her mother. There is always a little bit of hope, you never know?........love JJ xx
    • 2068 posts
    August 31, 2004 4:24 PM BST
    JJ i've felt this way for a long while,but first decided to "come out" cos i was having great difficulty coping with what i was doing,even though it was hurting no-one.The first person i told was my mum..even though i wasn't sure of how she'd take it.When i did eventually tell her about me,she just gave me a great big hug and told me not to worry about a thing.This was back in August 1992 when i told her,and i've not told anyone else about me until this year(12 yrs later).i've since "come out" to my two younger brothers,both 33.Now the reaction i got from them was totally the opposite of what i was expecting ,cos they're both anti anything,my dad was just the same..apparently he'd known for ages but did'nt say a thing til now.I have even "came out" to a few very close friends,who were surprised at first when i told them but are now behind me 100%.I was expecting a rough ride when i told everyone,but that did'nt happen.So now i'm very happy that i'm out and that certain people know about maria.The first TM's i did in august has now given me so much confidence and self belief that i've started goin out dressed in public,and i'm lovin every minute of it.So to all of those that are thinkin of comin out and are'nt sure of how family will accept them i say " it's better to be out than in".I was worried about how my family would accept me,but accept me they have.hope this inspires you to become the person you've always wanted to be.Love and xxxx maria
    • 2068 posts
    September 1, 2004 10:04 AM BST
    i don't think you're being hard at all jj,just honest.i suppose i could have worded it a bit better the first time.What i should have said was that TM was my first time out dressed with others like me,not my first time out dressed anywhere.I don't for one minute think that being TG is an easy life at all,god knows i've had things said to me when i'm out..so in a way i know.As for the family,well i admit i could have put that a bit better..they were against what i was doing at first,but they are ok with it now.I guess what i'm tryin to say is that i should have given more thought to what i was writin before i put it in this thread..and to those i have offended then all i can do is put my hands up and say that i really am so sorry cos it wasn't intended.The last thing i want to do is upset anybody with an ill thought out post like this one.I AM SO VERY SORRY MARIA