Hello TW

• 4 posts
    April 2, 2008 5:19 AM BST
    Thank you very much for the offer. It pleases me to see other S/O supporting their T-girls. I will definitely take you up on that offer when I feel I might need some support as well.
    • 4 posts
    April 1, 2008 6:55 AM BST
    Hello, my name is Cindi. I just recently found out my SO was transgendered. First off I'd like to thank you all for welcoming Angelyn into your community so warmly. Secondly I'd like to say that I'm very happy that there is a place she can come for support and to share experiences. I'd like to show my support for her as well as learn along side her, so that was the main reason for me to join. I hope that I can learn a lot from you ladies.
    • 315 posts
    April 1, 2008 11:21 PM BST

Hi Cindi,

Welcome to TW.

It's great to see that you're "there" for Angelyn!
    And you're in the right place to find out loads that will help you and Angelyn over the journey!

I've been here for about 5 months now, and I just wonder why I didn't join here sooner!
    It's a great community, and you'll find that we're all keen to help and support our sisters and their S/O's in any way we can.

I certainly know that my S/O has learnt so much here!

Just feel free to ask anything, or read/post to any of the threads in the forums.

And, again, welcome to TW ...................... the best Sisterhood there is!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 259 posts
    April 2, 2008 3:14 AM BST
    Welcome Cindi! My SO is also transgendered. You will see her a lot around here. Her name is Meredith. I am so glad you are supportive as that is rare and sometimes difficult. You need support also, so feel free to email me if you ever need to talk.
  • April 2, 2008 6:26 AM BST
    Hi
    I'm in a different position to lots of you on here. I'm a pre-op TS (only for a three more months) but I'm also the partner of a TV. My ex wife knew about my "hobby" as she called it was was unsupportive and we eventually drifted apart. I'm now engaged, as a girl (well woman really as I'm 58) to a lovely guy. We met when both of us came under the TV category. That meant there were effectively 4 of us under the one roof - 2 male, 2 female. Can you imagine the wardrobe space we required? Now it's dropped to 3, Alan has departed us. I now find that I look at B's dressing a lot differently to what I did in the past. B is not allowed to be without the wig, even at home, when presenting in female clothes. On Sundays when en-femme B has to wear wig, heels and be fully made up.

We are fully supportive of each other. In fact at times of doubt it is B that is getting me through my transition.

If you do know that your partner is a TV then you do need to discuss each others' needs. Both sides should have no secrets from each other.

Alina xx
    • 374 posts
    April 6, 2008 11:49 AM BST

Welcome to Trannyweb Cindi! Angelyn is very lucky to have such an understanding and supportive partner. It's not an easy thing for most people to accept who they really are. Having someone in their corner makes all the difference. Good luck on your journey with Angelyn and hope to chat with you some time. Seems like my SO could learn a thing or two from you and other supportive partners.

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 2017 posts
    April 1, 2008 9:11 AM BST
    Hi Cindy and welcome to TW. I am sure that you will find this an enlightening place. The forums have lots of information on how we come to terms with ourselves and live our lives. You have already found the S/O's forum but please feel free to comment in any of the forums and as a GG (genetic girl) you might find that it is us who can learn from you.

Have fun.

Nikki