Hi I'm a new member

• 5 posts
    May 12, 2008 1:25 PM BST

Hi everyone wats up my name is Amanda and I came across TW while surfing the net. I am really excited about this especially since I am also new to dressing but I really enjoy it. I hope to meet people and chat about our collective interests and also to get advice but in all I hope to make some new friends I look forward to meeting new people soon.

hugz.
    Amanda.
    • 5 posts
    May 13, 2008 6:03 PM BST
    Hi Joni and Nikki thank you for the warm welcome I feel really comfortable here already I hope that i get the oppurtunity to talk to you both in the future and to perhaps learn from you as well as everyone I meet. Thanks again for the warm welcome by the way I saw your profile pics you both look so beautiful maybe you can give me tips on how to upgrade my looks.

thanks again
    hugs
    Amanda.
    • 5 posts
    May 15, 2008 4:30 PM BST
    Hi Joni. Wats up thanks for the advice i really appreciate it I am going to try it out I feel so confident already knowing that i have you to advise me I am really happy that you took the time to reach out to me by the way i would like to continue to communicate with you and any other girlz who would like to get to know me just as I would like to get to know other girlz as well. I am pretty new to the whole computer thing as well where i come from PC's and the net is only now becoming a necessity rather than a luxury and we are all still learning about it any way do you have a message box or something. Any way thanks again for everything.

Hugs.
    Amanda.
    • 1980 posts
    May 13, 2008 10:43 PM BST
    Hi Amanda-

Really hon, you shouldn't drink so early in the day.<lol> Just teasing, thank you for the sweet compliment. Nikki, of course, is gorgeous as anyone can plainly see.

As to looking better, all I can say is, to steal a line from To Wong Foo WIth Love, "Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize." And practice. There are lots of sources on the web for cosmetics and how to apply them, just get some decent ones and some good brushes and have fun with it. Real girls are not born knowing how to do their makeup, they work at it, too. The same goes for clothes, mannerisms, etc, try out different things, be honest and critical (but don't be mean to yourself) and learn from your mistakes.

You're a sweety. I'm glad you're here, Amanda.

Hugs...Joni Marie

• 1980 posts
    May 12, 2008 2:12 PM BST
    Hi Amanda-

Welcome to TW, hon <big hug> I'm so glad you found us. You've found what is probably the best place on the web for girl like us, whether you're looking for resources and information or support, understanding and friendship. It's wonderful to know that there are others like ourselves who can help us in our journeys. I hope you like it here, Amanda, and decide to stay. Please feel free to post in the forums and to join in in the chatroom.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    May 12, 2008 2:15 PM BST
    Hi Amanda, welcome to TW, I'm sure it won't be long before you make some good friends in here. If you are new to dressing, I would recommend browsing the forums on 'passing in public' and 'make up tips' etc, as you will no doubt find them very helpful.

Of course, you can always pop into the chatroom to say 'hi' and ask some questions in there too.

Have fun!

Nikki