Going out with my wife

• 16 posts
    July 10, 2008 4:05 PM BST
    I achieved one of the Holy Grails of Cross-dressing this past weekend. I went out shopping with my wife as JoAnn. Until a few months ago, my wife was very much against me being a CD. She did not want to see me dressed or even pictures of me dressed. She did allow me one Saturday afternoon per month to be myself and she would go to her gym class that afternoon. Then one day, she got her class assignments mixed up and we ended up coming face-to-face with me fully dressed. We had a long long talk and about a week later said she was now OK with me being a CD. Since then, she has seen me dressed, helped me buy new outfits, and even helped me get dressed for a specail Tri-Ess function. When the 4th of July came around, I asked her if I could get dressed for the whole day. She said OK. So Friday morning. I got up, showered, and shaved my chest, legs, and arms. I proceeded to put on my favorite Pink panties, bra, forms, blue jean caprice pants, Hanes purple top, zebra slides, makeup, watch, and wig. As I walked out of the bathroom, my wife asked me if I that was what I was going to where that day. I responded by saying, “Yes”. She responded with, "good choice". So she goes into the bathroom to do her thing and get dressed while I went to the kitchen to make my coffee and breakfast. After breakfast, I helped my wife with the laundry. When the laundry was done, she looks at me and says, “If you’re going with me to the grocery store, then you better get your purse?” So I go get my purse, put my billfold, keys, lipstick, and cell phone in it. Then off we go the local grocery store. I have been out shopping before dressed but I have to admit that I was a little nervous going out dressed with my wife. By the time we got to the grocery store, I had calmed down. So we did our shopping, even interacted with couple of other customers, both male and female. No one looked at me twice and I even when off to other aisles by myself. We get home and put the groceries up and my wife looks at me and says, “I’m surprised, you passed very well, I must say?” I thanked her and she then said, “OK, well let’s go to Wal-Mart and do the rest of our shopping”. So off to Wal-Mart we go. Again no one seems to notice me. As we walk in, we get a “Welcome to Wal-Mart ladies” greeting. I go to get a basket and there are none. So I go outside, walk around, find a basket, and roll it back in for the wife. We found the items we needed, and then on the way to checkout, we stopped by the women’s department and browsed the sales racks. I even had a couple of pre-teen and teenage girls walk past me and not even look at me. Guess I was not on there CD-dar or they had it turned off. LOL Again a couple of times I went to another aisle by myself. My wife did comment to me, that I left my purse in the basket and walk out of sight of it. OPPS that is a big no-no. She then said “No harm done, since I could see it all the time you were out of sight”. I was only out of sight of a few seconds, but that all it can take for your purse to get stolen. I will have to work on that. On the way out, my wife asked if I need to go to the bathroom as we pasted the “Ladies Room”. I said, “No”, and she said, “OK, thought I ask.” Later on I could have hit myself for passing up that opportunity but it is not like I have NOT used a public “Ladies Room” before. By this time it is after noon, so we drive up to the local Taco Bell, go in and order takeout. Got a “Welcome ladies to Taco Bell” and a “Have a nice day ladies”, as we walked out. Then back home to put up the items we bought at Wal-Mart and to eat our lunch. After lunch, I watched some TV and wife got on the computer. A little later she comes out and tells me she would like to go to the Dollar Movie and see “Made of Honor”. So about 4:30PM we set off for the Movie Theater. Walk up to the ticket booth; get our tickets and a “Enjoy your movie ladies” comment. Walk in, find the theater, and enjoyed the movie. Then it was back home for supper and around 80PM, I take off my wig and makeup. Change into my Pink Satin PJ’s for the rest of the evening.
    All in all, it was a wonderful 4th of July. My wonderful wife was please on how well I passed and handled myself. I was pleased on how well the outings went too. I am now sure that my wife now knows I will not be an embarrassment and can handle myself. At the same time, I know my wife would not be too pleased if I did this every weekend, so I am going to limit it to one or two Saturday or Sunday's a month.
    Saturday, I am dress in drab. After breakfast, my wife asked if she could come with me to my nail salon appointment. When we go there, she asked if she too could get a pedicure, manicure, and eyebrows waxed. So they set us side-by-side and we chatted with the techs and had a wonderful two hours. After lunch we did not have much to do, so we just sat around the house until it was almost time for me to get dressed for my monthly Tri-Ess meeting. I walk up to my wife and asked her is she would like to go to my meeting with me. To my surprise she says, “OK”. I got dressed first, since it takes me longer than she does. LOL. We drive to the meeting and I introduce her to everyone. We normally do not have a July meeting, since it was the day after the 4th, but we still had 18 girls and 3 SO’s attend. All enjoyed our normal pot luck dinner and we had a short business meeting, then just sat around and talked, since we did not have a program as such.
    Sunday, I took my wife to the Zoo and later to dinner, to show her how much I love her and how much I appreciate her for Friday and Saturday.
    I count myself lucky to have a wife that at first was very against my being a CDer and then later accepting me as I am. If you have a SO’s that is understanding and accepting of yourself, then make sure you show her the same respect and love.
    • 1912 posts
    July 10, 2008 8:06 PM BST
    Joann, Congratulations for what sounds like a day you will always remember. You brought up something interesting towards the end about how you were not an embarrassment to your wife. Like you I am married, however I happen to be 3+years on hrt and transitioning. A big concern of mine has always been embarrassing my wife. I think it was when I started receiving maam's in guy mode my wife started going out with me. Now it is no big deal at all, we shop or go out all the time and it is rare that I even notice anyone looking at me. But then again like your other forum post, an important factor is looking like you belong. Again congratulations on a happy fourth of July.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 181 posts
    September 9, 2008 3:43 PM BST
    I wish I had saved this article : Ann Landers once used to write a collum in the Dallas Times hearld News paper. Anyway , her subjuect was crossdressing on one ocasion. I wa headed back to my little house in Arlington where I lived for years. In the story a woman was wondering what the outcome might be for her and her husband who after several years of marrage had decided to come out. Some how, they decided to try " Date nights: where they might go out as a couple dressed. The difference here was the fact that they went out as two women! They soon became closer than any onre could possibly imaganine as they soon began to understand what the " Other" Party had to endure as a Female! Seems that Ms Landers was all for this relationship! when my wife and I first got married, she too tryed to make Ellen go back to the Closet. She realized it was too late as I was who I was and trying to put somone back into hiding was not going to work, nor was it healthy either. Today, we are seperated, we still deeply care for one another and we still even live in the same house together! I still cannot stress the fact that education is the key to all of our transitions . we have to be willing to share and give back to all those who came before us. This way, there will be some thing for the next group to pass the paths on their "Gendered Journey: . Ellen Shaver
    • 2017 posts
    July 10, 2008 8:26 PM BST
    Hi JoAnne, I think you're right to count yourself lucky in having such an understanding wife and I hope it continues for you.

I'm in a similar position and what is lovely for my wife and I is that we now we not only have each other, but have a 'best girlfriend' too! It's works fabulously.

I think women like this are gems so make sure you do something for her after what she is doing for you. You're both very lucky to have such a good balance in your lives. Enjoy it.

Nikki