Newby on the block here in Trannyweb.

• July 17, 2008 4:00 AM BST
    Hello everyone.
    My name is Wynonna Rose (first and middle name prefer both used). I am 42 yrs old I live in the US most specifically in the state of Connecticut. I am a TS MTF Pre-OP early stage transition struggling with the issue of coming out publicly and with living full time. The reason for my struggle with coming out and even living full time is I live with a gg gf who has outed me several times starting with my family was her first incidence of outing me. Then there has been many other times that she has outed me to others strangers to myself and only known by her like co-workers and clients on her job. I feel that she has made it unsafe for me to come out and live full time as I know I need to because of her constant talk to others of my issues with transsexuality. I don't know who these people are that she tells this stuff to about me I don't know if they are talking to others and if so how far it has spread. I have only been out in public in female mode twice in my entire life once when I was younger in my teens and most recently back in Nov of 07. I am not allowed to dress in female form at all at home I am not allowed to dress and go out in her car (the only one we have and share). She fears someone will vandalize her car that hates or disapproves of transsexuals. I am pretty much forced to stay in male mode which is a total downer and I feel miserable all of the time. I have talked with her until blue in the face telling her I need to do this dressing and living stuff in order to transition and become a woman. But what I hear from her is that it isn't necessary and that I need to accept the facts that I am male biologically and stay that way. I am seeking help to get into therapy which hasn't been going well finding a sympathetic therapist or even a transgender therapist. I am seeking a doctor who is also sympathetic for treatment with hormones and the monitoring there of. Again this too isn't going well. I talked to my General Practitioner and told her I want to transition and that I am a TS MTF and she told me that she wouldn't get involved with treating a transgendered person so even that is going wrong. I have a problem with searching for the right therapists and doctors and I am feeling more and more like a failure to myself for not working harder to become my femme self.
    • 2463 posts
    July 17, 2008 3:49 PM BST
    Just to respond to this thread, as well as your other one, I have a friend who was outing me to people, and some of these people I never met!!!! His attitude at first was "I thought you were proud of who you are."

I am proud, but I think the issue of being outed is up to me. Once I am full time it really won't matter, but, for now, as long as I am still in the beginning stages of transitioning, I need to be careful. Lord knows who is out there who knows about me and could say something to my kid, who does not know yet. That is my decision to make.

Anyhow, welcome. Make sure to stop by the chatroom.

Mere
    • 1980 posts
    July 27, 2008 3:45 PM BST
    Hi Wynnona Rose-

Hey girl, please accept my apology for the belated response. Welcome to TW, I'm sure you will find help and resources here as well as support and friendship. There are probably many therapists and MD's on the East Coast near where you live who will be willing to treat you and help you on your journey, it may take time, but I'm sure you will find someone.

Now I have a tough question for you. In regard to the g-girl you live with, why are you with her? She doesn't seem to support you or understand you, and disregards your needs and feelings. She is worried about some hypothetical retaliation from bigots but casually outs you to others. How does that make sense? I'm not prying into your relationship, hon, lord knows I have had my share of dysfunctional ones in the past myself, but how can this be healthy or helpful for you?

All I really want you to know is that you're among friends here. We all know, to one degree or another, what you're going through. Hopefully there are some girls from your area who will be kind enough to offer you some information on resources in your area. Please stick around and stay in touch, okay? May the Goddess smile on you and keep you safe.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    October 2, 2008 3:33 PM BST
    Wynonna Rose,

I am seldom, you will discover, a person of few words (stop snickering, girls) but........

Find a new girlfriend.....emphasis on "friend".

Here are a list of the support groups and resources for CT. There may be more but these places are likely to know. If you can use the car en homme, nothing in CT is that far away.

http://www.ifge.org/Web_L[...]4.phtml

and here is Rhode Island as well.

http://www.ifge.org/Web_L[...]1.phtml