Hi everyone :)

• November 2, 2008 2:16 PM GMT
    I'm Sandra, I just joined the site and wanted to introduce myself to you all.

I've been CDing all my life, but am very much a home-girl. I dont think I'll ever pass convincingly in the outside world, but am determined to have some fun trying!

Otherwise, I'm a huge music and film fan, have been in numerous bands as a guitarist and singer over the years, but not currently - alas my work as a design manager takes up more of my time these days.

I love what I've seen so far of TW and very glad i found it -look forward to clicking heels with you

Sandra

• November 2, 2008 3:52 PM GMT
    Hi Mere and thank you

Oh I'm the coffee queen, yes I'll have those racked up in no time! The challenge as always remains to try and avoid the cookies / muffins / (insert sugary vice) in the process

Sandra
  • November 3, 2008 9:55 PM GMT
    Thank you Nikki, I hope so. Im never very far from a guitar, and have always found it a great way to relax. I hope your eye is on the mend.

Joni Marie, thanks so much for your wordsand for making me feel so welcome, it means much. What a lovely community, and truly international! Would be great to make some friends - im thrilled to meet people I can relate to, and talk about TG things, its a first for me, i wish id found you sooner thats all

bye bye for now
    Sandra
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    November 4, 2008 11:33 AM GMT
    Hi Sandra,
    Welcome to TW,you`ll meet lot`s of great girls here,BTW I also love the Muppet Christmas Carol and we watch it every christmas eve before we go to bed!!
    Hugs and kisses
    Michelle xx
  • November 5, 2008 9:26 PM GMT
    Thank you so much ladiesyou're very kind

I shall do my best Nikki. It's funny, ive used the web, and worked on it as a designer for many years, but never really embraced the forum/chatroom side of things - i guess i just hadnt found the right one

Joni Marie I would like that very much, it sounds like we have something else in common! Now I admit ive never slept with any of my guitarsbut on a visit to your fine country a few years ago, Seattle to be specific, I did visit the shop where Jimi Hendrix allegedly bought his first guitar, and I thought that was pretty special

Have you worked out how many sleeps there are until christmas Michelle?at last count i believe its 50. We do exactly the same, and have for many years, maybe its an English thing - the book keepers 'heatwave' scene and Old Fozzywig's Rubber Chicken Factory get me everytime

Sandra x
  • November 28, 2008 6:23 PM GMT
    Hi Joni Marie

I just noticed your post in herei'll get the hang of this place some day...maybe

Aw I'm pleased to hear that! yes i find my guitars great escapism/stress-relief, and its a real thrill to get a piece down just rightcan you read music? i cant, except for guitar tab etc - figured if it was good enough for paul mc'cartney not to be able to read music (can you believe that!? its true apparently) its good enough for this girl. I've penned a few tunes myself, and get a real kick out of it, doesnt come easily though so i guess im no natural

Shame about your nails, but talons and fretboards really dont go do theythe sacrifices we make! ...if its been a while i bet your finger tips are sore - theyll toughen up again

Donovan! love it....ive been filling up a new iphone with my cd collection recently, and re-discovered a few old friends - cat stevens! what a talent...and ennio moricone, i went through a phase of buying his soundtracks....dylan (not sure about the voice)

The end of a loooong week for me, come to think of it theyre all long - took today off for a little r&r - went to 'sweeney todds' pie shop near where i live for some lunch with my dad outstanding eats with 30+ pies to choose from - bad for the waistline, but great for the soul

Sandra x
  • November 29, 2008 12:26 AM GMT
    Hi Sandra,

I'm new here too and like you have been secretive all of my life. The last few hours are the only time I've ever "discussed" my desires with anyone. I guess like you slowly figuring things out. I see we wound up in a chat room at the same times, but I was a little lost never figured out what the conversation was...lol. anyway any tips on exploring here I'd appreciate. Would love to "talk" sometime.

Rochelle
    • 1195 posts
    November 29, 2008 4:23 PM GMT
    Ladies - talking in the chat room is like going swiming -
    1. get your feet wet- say hello
    2. try to imerse yourself ie find out what's going on
    3. start swimming-start a new topic if nothing is happining.
    4. don't "dog paddle"-avoid talking about weather, what you're wearing etc., etc.(dull stuff)

When I do get a chance to get to the chat room - it's always a delight and fun too.
    hugs
    Gracie
  • November 30, 2008 9:49 PM GMT
    Hi Rochelle and Mary Grace...really nice to hear from you.

I remember you from the chatroom Rochelle...yes i think it takes a little getting used to, I've only been around a month or so. Im so pleased I found TW...30+ years CDing and this is the first time ive really spoken to other TG'd people too...are we good at bottling things up or what!? we're pro's girl!! thank god for the internet huh? Sure it would be nice to correspond across the pond...are things gearing up nicely for Christmas in Kansas? or the Holidays i guess i should say

Thank you Mary Grace! i hope to see you in there soon...if i start talking about the weather give me a slapit still amazes me to think of all the different time zones people are on

Sandra

• 2463 posts
    November 2, 2008 2:50 PM GMT
    You certainly found the right place! Welcome!

Just to let you know, the newbies here are required to have the morning coffee made..............just so you know.

Be sure to stop by the chatroom when I run a movie trivia contest.

Mere and Josie
    • 2017 posts
    November 2, 2008 7:37 PM GMT
    Hi Sandra, welcome to TW. You will soon be making friends with lots of girls here in no time. There are a number of us here who are also muscians so you'll have an outlet for your musical side as well.

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    November 3, 2008 4:05 AM GMT
    Hi Sandra-

Thank you for joining TW and for taking the time to introduce yourself, girl. You seem like a totally fun and wonderful person. Yep, having fun trying is what it's all about. Hon, it isn't all about "passing", it's about being yourself, that's all. You have joined a great place for all sorts of things about being TG, about "passing", about resources, trips, tricks, and so on. But even more important than that, much more important, you have found a place to make friends and be people who understand you and know what it's like.

I so hope you like it there and decide to stay.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 1980 posts
    November 4, 2008 3:45 AM GMT
    Hi Sandra-

You are so very welcome, hon, for your thanks, and of course, for being here. TW really is the best place on the web for girls like us. How very wonderful that you have a spouse who is supportive, I have that great good luck myself as well. Right now my guitar occupies the other side of my bed as my wife is working out of town for awhile, it's a great comfort, though not quite the same.<lol>

I am so looking forward to hearing more from you here on TW and if you'd like to correspond with a girl way on the other side of the pond, that would be great, I love making new friends. Best wishes.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    November 4, 2008 9:44 AM GMT
    Well, you have found us now Sandra and you're very welcome here. A community is only as good as the people within it so don't be afraid about jumping right in and getting involved. The forums are a great way to get to know people and find out a lot of useful information and tips, while the chatroom can be great fun and another way to meet people and talk in realtime with other TG girls.

Have fun, kick off your heels and jump in with both feet!

Nikki

PS thankyou by the way, my eye is almost healed now.
    • 1980 posts
    November 13, 2008 8:39 PM GMT
    Hi Sandra-

Well, I did the unspeakable this morning. No, not that, or whatever it is you thought I might have meant.<lol> I trimmed my nails way back, especially on my left hand. I had been letting them grow out but a girl can take only so much abstinence...you know what I mean...before she just has to give in. So I rescued my tuner (yes, I use one of those, what did we do without them...approximations is all) and my guitar from my son's room, put new strings on and tuned up the old acoustic and have been sitting cross legged in bed in my jammies going thru sheets and sheet of oldies. It's been so fun and self indulgent, eating toast and jam, drinking coffee and playing. Everything from Donovan to the Dead.

Hope you're having a great day.

Hugs...Joni Marie