Lookout because here I come!!!

• February 18, 2009 4:42 PM GMT
    Meagan Lee is my name. A girl from the northeast USA. There's no need to look backwards, the shadows that follow me will only porve to make me stronger and show that my journey into this realm of "trans" womanhood is exactly where I belong.

My only clear memory is of a summer's day in 1984 when my family was on vacation in the 1000 Islands region of Northern New York. I was nine years old and playing with a new friend in her cottage bedroom. She was around 12 or 13 and we were "playing" house. She pulled out some of her clothes from her closet and told me they were to small for her but that she thought I would fit into them well and would look nice as a "girl". I recall to this day telling her without hesitation, "well of course because I am a girl". For the remainder of those two weeks she and I would spend hours dressing me up in all her clothes. She remarked constantly how my movements, gestures and demeanor seemed so naturally female. From that moment forward there wasn't a single day where I wouldn't wear something femm, or make sure my movements, my style of walking was as feminine as possible.

August 2008 - My hormonal balance begins to be slowly brought into line with my true persona [Meagan Lee is alive and well in NY state]

When that first moment arrived no longer considering myself as cross-dressed it was as if the sky opened up and all the heavens declared one more imbalance in this universe has been corrected. Despite that it would be six months before I'd notice that I was no longer "thinking" girl but actually living "girl"; as each time I'd put on my attire for the day or look into my mirror as I applied mascara or eye shadow Ms. Meagan Lee was looking back at me. It was never a sexuality that I was seeking nor an attempt to be appealing or alluring to others. Simply put is was just the long journey of that little girl happily playing with a friend on vacation during that hot summer of 1984 eventually finding her way home as the person she always knew was there.

And now? She's taking on all the dreams and hopes of that little girl as she begins her first position in the business world seen by those she will be working with [and for] as the newly hired woman to be the Regional Administrator best qualified to do this job. I expect there will be a few who may raise an eyebrow or maybe gossip some about the "girl" who appeared out of nowhere. Doesn't matter, they'd find something else to talk about were I the gay guy with the soft voice, the overly macho dude who overcompensates for his masculinity or the "office tramp" whomever holds that current title. After all, we're human. We're curious about the world around us; seeking answers to life's mysteries.

This gal just wants those pretty sandals she saw at Lord & Taylor's at the mall........where is that damned paycheck......
  • February 18, 2009 5:54 PM GMT
    Hi Meagan, Welcome, iI know you will fine all kinds of support here.

• 1912 posts
    February 18, 2009 9:17 PM GMT
    Welcome to TW Meagan. Are you always this full of energy, geez, about wore me out reading this post, lol. I look forward to crossing paths with you in the chatroom.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2017 posts
    February 19, 2009 9:22 AM GMT
    Hi Meagan, it sounds like you know who you are and are having a lot of fun being you! How wonderful. You're right too, if people at work talk, well, those sort will always find someone to gossip about so I wouldn't let it bother you. (I'm sure it doesn't).

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    February 19, 2009 3:34 PM GMT
    Hi Meagan-

Good for you, girl. Sorry for the tardy reply, my computer has been down for the past two weeks or so. You are so welcome to TW, hon. BTW, I love your attitude and your positive energy.

Hugs...Joni Marie