How To?

• June 13, 2009 11:56 AM BST
    Can anyone please tell me or suggest ideas as to how I can accumulate my feminine clothes, wigs, etc., while keeping it all in the closet from my family. I feel so cheated not being able to be Tamara. I guess I'm starting from the very biginning. This includes buying them and storing them. I can NOT come out. My family would not understand. Please help!
  • June 13, 2009 12:26 PM BST
    I have never been in that position, but maybe you need to make a secret room somewhere in your house? It must be a very deceptive situation for you and somehow I feel sorry for you because for sure you must feel good being Tamara?

xxx Natalie
    • 1195 posts
    June 13, 2009 4:34 PM BST
    Mere gave you a lot of questions which you need to answer-to yourself.
    My question would be: Are you still living with your parents?
    You're old enough to move out - that would eliminate all your concerns.
    If you aren't able to live on your own - do you have you own closet?
    If you do than it's quite easy to hang your femme garments among your drab clothing and no casual snoop would be the wiser.
    If you have a snoop who just wants to cause trouble - you might consider getting a footlocker or some cabinet which you can lock - tell everyone it's your "hope chest."
    My mother was a snoop - I left home at 18.
    good luck
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 13 posts
    June 22, 2009 3:07 PM BST
    Hi Tamara,

If you are that worried about your family finding out then I definitely would not suggest storing your things at home, no matter how good you think the hiding place is. Every time you leave the house you will become one paranoid little puppy...

Having said that, I think the following places make good hiding places, depending on the type of people who live with you:

1. Inside the computer case - not much space, I know - only useful for smaller items. Unless you use a laptop!
    2. About the footlocker idea - I would like to offer a slight modification to the idea because of the following possibility. What's the first thing people do when you tell them NOT to open something? That's right. They'll try to open it. So, what you need to do is try to find the ugliest looking chest or footlocker you can with a false bottom or hidden compartment. Then when you bring the footlocker home, fill up the main compartment with some really boring things, and I mean REALLY boring stuff. Then, in an offhanded manner, show it to your family, saying "Hey family, what do you think of my new chest? Look, I finally have somewhere to put all my boring, smelly old _______s. If you're married, and you're really lucky, your wife will hate the box and demand you hide the thing in the attic or the garage. Perfect! You protest a little bit, but eventually give in. Now the box will be away from prying eyes, and nobody will have any interest whatsoever in it!

That's about all I can think of right now. As for getting your gear in privacy, get a PO Box!

Hope this helps! Even if you don't use this technique, I hope that perhaps my light-hearted description has cheered you up a bit.

Alhana
  • June 22, 2009 5:39 PM BST
    As more I read on this subject as more sorry I feel for the person(s) that needs to hide their clothes, shoes, makeup etc. I'm glad I never was in this situation.

xxx Natalie
  • June 22, 2009 9:10 PM BST
    Yes Wendy, I understand that some situations in peoples life does not allow them to be open which for sure creates unnecessarily stress and a lot of thinking. My dad is a stress for me because he will never understand but that's his choice even though it also creates stress to me.

But still… hiding tings is sad because when you then take them out, what do you do about ironing?

Life is strange as some of us just jump into the female role without all the stress involved while some need planning or take it step by step and spend a lot of thinking before they 1) goes out fulltime or 2) stops for then to start all over again with a new "plan".

When I read this, I think Michelle, Marsha, Alina, Lucy, me and many others are the "lucky" once that made it in such a way that we lives our lives fully as female and I'm sure we are all happy about it because at the end of the day, each day is just a normal day and it does not make much difference if you’re male or female even though I would never go back to the male role, that’s for sure.

So all I can say now is good luck with hiding your female properties.

xxx Natalie
    • 2463 posts
    June 13, 2009 3:25 PM BST
    That is quite a difficult question. Do you have any family members who like to snoop like I did? Any sort of little hidden enclaves in your room? For a while there when I lived with my family - before marriage - I had a file cabinet. If I pulled out the entire bottom drawer I could stash a little bag of items behind it. I could not have too much, though.

As for how to accumulate, the internet can help you there, as you well know. Victoria's Secret tends to ship discreetly, but then you start getting catalogs, so be careful there. Also go to resale shops. Some of my best outfits came from those. How shy are you about going into a store and buying a dress, lingerie, etc.?

I am sure the girls here will have some great tips.
    • 2573 posts
    June 13, 2009 5:50 PM BST
    I found a military footlocker adequate for some years. Now half the things in my closet are Her wardrobe....and growing. That's the real issue, as you grow your wardrobe does.

Consider a private mailbox somewhere. They want your business so they mind there own. They will hold packages for you. Most companies will discretely ship if asked, even if they don't automatically. The advantages include: If you move the next person at the address doesn't get all your mail and the mailbox service will foward to a new address/service until you have corrected all the magazines/catalogs you get....usually by their internet site. I have asked questions as openly TG and sites were very interested in my business and that of other TGs.

Welcome to TW. Five years ago I sounded like you do today. TW does a T-girl good. Hey, that would make a great ad!

You may also wish to contact Tri-Ess. http://www.tri-ess.org/
    • 2573 posts
    June 22, 2009 8:20 PM BST
    Natalie,

It's not fun to have to hide in fear. One of the biggest advances I made was deciding to not fear being found out even though I'm not out to many people. It reduced the stress`and allowed me to find my real self. Unfortunately, it is not an acceptable option for some of us.

Inside computer case........NO! Not if you plan to ever turn it on. Things inside a computer case interfere with air flow. Even taking the side of a case off can make it hotter inside, in some instances, as it disrupts air flow over the components. I don't want to think what those silk panties could do with a static discharge to the chips unless you clip them to the case with alligator clips, and that is even with the power off.