At the edge of it

• October 29, 2003 7:54 AM GMT
    Hi girls

I get my official female name in about two weeks. Already now some 25 people here at the office know about me and the rest can see me with their own eyes. I cannot be very much a man anymore, after one year of hormones, with my face, figure and breasts. I know people talk about me...I gladly join the talking groups and throw a few jokes in between. I´m happy it is not worse than this. I can easily survive this . After I have got my name, I let the news pass and start being totally myself .

Laura
    • 27 posts
    October 29, 2003 4:10 PM GMT
    Hi Laura,

Looks like things are progressing nicely for you, in your older post you were worried about passing now your on your way to full time womanhood. good luck

Amanda
    • 539 posts
    October 30, 2003 1:27 AM GMT
    That is good news - the legal name change is an important step.

Last Friday, I filed the papers with the court to do my name change. They charged a $155 filing fee - the court system certainly charges a lot of money for simple things. I have an appointment with a judge on November 6 to finalize it. I am looking forward to getting that out of the way.

Heather H.
    • 539 posts
    October 31, 2003 3:31 AM GMT
    Sometimes people use an attorney, but it is not absolutely necessary. There is enough experience in the local transgender community on this issue that people who have done it before can show others how to do it. The name change forms that I used were the same ones used successfully by others around here in the past. The filing fee is expensive enough - I don't want to pay an attorney to do something this straightforward.

Heather H.
  • November 3, 2003 2:35 PM GMT
    The first name change is here without any charge. If you want to change it a second time, they charge you something, but not much. The procedure is easy, it takes one day only. But to change your male name into a female name you need a letter from the ts screening personnel.

Laura
  • November 21, 2003 4:10 PM GMT
    Well, thigs don´t go as fast as I wish. I got my papers from the psychologist last monday, positive, everything okay. Now I still need the letter from my screening staff. So...any day now. Today I was in a beauty saloon and went from there right away to a photographer in order to have my passport pics ready. As beautiful as possible

hugs

Laura
    • 456 posts
    October 29, 2003 11:46 PM GMT
    Lots of luck for the future lauranatalia hon. - I hope all is progressing well and hope that it continues.
  • October 30, 2003 11:33 PM GMT
    Is that something you do alone, or does an attorney need to be involved?