Plz help a confused significant other

• November 9, 2003 11:22 AM GMT
    Can anyone offer me any advice? My boyfriend told me a year ago that he used to dress up in dresses when he was in his teens and that it was something he thought about doing and wanted to do again. At first, I'll admit, I was freaked out. After an hour apart I went back to ask him some questions about it and I came to the conclusion that I wanted to be a part of it as I love him very very much.

Since then we've bought him a few nice dresses and some shoes and boots etc and we've been having fun doing it. But now he's going through a hard patch. I've told him we can stil be happy and stuff no matter how far he wants to take this and I want to be there for him. But he said he might just want to do it alone and I'm worried he'd shut me out.

I know he loves me and I love him so much. I just don't know what I can do to help him? I think he might be pushing me out because he thinks I'll leave him but I just don't know. What can I do?
  • November 9, 2003 12:06 PM GMT
    I really don't think we have grown apart. Not in the least. And he's always said that he wasn't besexual or anything. I really think he's just worried about how he feels about it all... and worried how I will. I just want him to realise that I'm here for him, I love him and I want to help.

Thanks for replying.
  • November 9, 2003 3:02 PM GMT
    Hi,

He may not be trying to shut you out, but is perhaps very confused. He may be wondering why as a straight guy he likes dressing in girls clothes, and with that he's feeling very guilty. It is probably such guilt and confusion is making him miserable and withdrawn from you.

The best bet is to try and get hime to join websites like this, and/or consider going to a local support group. He needs to understand that one, he isn't 'alone', and two that you are there for him.

Best wishes, Liz

• 456 posts
    November 9, 2003 11:48 AM GMT
    It is difficult to know why the rejection is taking place. You obviously feel that he is rejecting you because of the crossdressing but is this the case. Have you grown apart? Is his crossdressing turning towards true transgenderism with him wanting to become a female ful time or is he, perhaps wandering if he is bisexual and wanting to go out and date men. As an outsider with limited knowledge of your situation it would be wrong of me to interfere seriously over this forum. However there are a number of people on this site, and the many others around who would be able to offer advice and counselling using email or private chat rooms.

I hope this is of some use to you.
    • 456 posts
    November 9, 2003 12:38 PM GMT
    OK hon - try getting him to look at a site like this and perhaps he will be able to come to terms with how he feels.