I came out to some of my frinds

• March 14, 2003 1:59 PM GMT
    I came out to some of my colsest frinds the other day, one it didn't bother her to much, how ever the other one I got the same responce that I usualy do when I tell some body that I like to dress in fem,(i.e. Why do you do that, do you want to be a girl, why?) you know the usual question and answer sesion, asn most of the time I don't know exactly how to respond to these questions. Any advice?
  • March 28, 2003 3:39 PM GMT
    Thanks Sarah and thank you for the advice usualy what I say is that I just like it and thinking about becomming a woman the usual responce i get out of that is, them laughing (not at me just what I tell them)and them saying your crazy then I tell them so what elese in new. (LOL)
    P.S. any other advice is greatly appreaciated.
    • 38 posts
    March 28, 2003 4:25 PM GMT
    IT'S HARD TO COME OUT TO PEOPLE.BECAUSE YOU ARE SO AFRAID OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN.I HAVE FOUND THE BEST WAY TO CONFRONT IGNORANCE ON THIER PART IS TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT A TRANSSEXUAL IS AND WHAT CAUSES IT.THEN YOU CAN MEET THIER IGNORANCE AND QUESTIONS WITH FACT AND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT YOURSELF.WE ARE BORN WITH THIS IT IS NOT BY CHOICE IT IS BELIEVED BY SOME TO BE A BIRTH DEFECT AND WILL NEVER GO AWAY BUT WILL ONLY GET STRONGER THE MORE I SUPRESS IT INSIDE ME.WE ARE BEATIFUL PEOPLE AND HUMAN WITH FEELINGS JUST LIKE EVERONE AND DEMAND TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT.THIS IS NOT A SICKNESS OR A DISEASE SO PLEASE DON'T TRY TO CURE ME.IT IS WHO I AM.ACCEPT ME AND LOVE ME AND SUPPORT ME BUT DO NOT CRITIZE ME OR MOCK ME BECAUSE I AM WHO I AM AND WILL NOT CHANGE.
    KELLY
  • March 28, 2003 11:11 PM GMT
    SOMETIMES WITH PEOPLE THE MORE YOU EXPLAIN THE LESS THEY UNDERSTAND...KEEP YOUR ANSWERS SHORT & SWEET..MY 2 DAUGHTERS LOVE THIER "AUNTIE PHYLISS" BUT MY SON AND HIS WIFE HAVE YET TO TALK TO ME AFTER I TOLD THEM......THIER LOSS NOT MINE...THEY NEED TO GROW UP....MY BEST FRIEND IN N.Y.OF 18 YEARS,AFTER I TOLD HIM AT LENGTH (10 HOURS LONG DISTANCE PHONE)THE BEST HE COULD SAY IS "LEMME GET IT STRAIGHT,MY BEST FRIEND PHIL,TURNED QUEER ON ME "HE ALSO TOLD ME NOT TO EVER CALL HIM AGAIN...SO MUCH FOR BEST FRIENDS,BUT TOO BAD,BUT,I GOTTA BE ME.....PHYLISS-MARIE
  • March 15, 2003 9:03 AM GMT
    Hi Samantha

That was very brave of you. How do you feel about it now?

Advice? I don't think I would know how to respond to those questions, and I've been around much longer than you.

In the end just telling it like it is will usually do best. Tell them you don't fully understand yourself, that it is just part of you. It's unlikely that they will understand any more than you or I do but the should respect you for your honesty and trust in them.

Good luck, my thoughts are with you.

Hugs

Sarah
  • March 28, 2003 6:27 PM GMT
    Hi Kelly

Well said.

Hugs

Sarah