Acceptance & Rejection

• March 18, 2003 10:19 AM GMT
    I started to get the urge about dressing up in women's clothes when I was a teenager and kept it secret for another thirty years. As if that was not bad enough, during that time I also became a Christian and the mixed messages I received really confused the issue as to what I should do. One Sunday we had a sermon dealing with "revealing how we feel to one another" and I decided that this would be the opportunity to tell my wife. I was very surprised to find out that, although it bothered her, she was supportive and helped me with all the "girly" things.
    The only problem was that after a few weeks she changed her mind and rejected the whole thing - leaving me in a complete state of limbo! Over the years she told all our family and friends about my situation but no one was overbothered about it, probably reflecting a more liberal attitude to these things than there used to be. In fact some were very supportive.
    I am happy to say that she has now relented a bit and we employ "give and take". We have agreed some parameters and I work within them and both of us, although not totally happy, find the arrangement very workable.
    To anyone poised to take the step, it is a hell of a lot easier today than it was just a few years ago. For good or ill there is a much more tolerant society out there now. As for my problem as a Christian? There are conflicting viewpoints in the Bible and I am still confused.
    Hope this helps someone.
    Lots of love,
    Allison
  • March 28, 2003 2:19 PM GMT
    GOD LOVES US ALL...NO MATTER IF WE ARE WEARING mens CLOTHES,WOMENS CLOTHES,A TOGA OR A SPORTS UNIFORM OF SOME KIND...PARAMETERS IN A MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP,IS THE SAME AS CHAINS FOR US..AFTER A WHILE WE WANT MORE FREEDOM TO BE WHO WE ARE AND RESTRAINTS BECOME UNBEARABLE...AND THE OTHER PARTY WANTS THE PERSON THAT THEY FIRST KNEW...THAT'S WHEN THE FUN(TROUBLE )BEGINS...GOOD LUCK,PHYLISS-MARIE
  • March 18, 2003 12:52 PM GMT
    People are slowly getting used to (possibly more tolerant of) alternative lifestyles (to use the PC term), but we still have a long way to go to be accepted by society in the real sense.

Thanks for the info.