Not passing as a man?

• 539 posts
    April 11, 2004 5:00 PM BST
    It has been more than a year since my previous post in this thread. I started hormones soon after that post and within a few months, I was having some difficulty passing as a man, and at work, I was looking increasingly weird. By October, it was obviously time to transition; I couldn't have waited much longer if I wanted to. At the end of that month, I transitioned at work and haven't looked back. There is no way I could pass as a man now.

Heather H.
  • April 13, 2004 9:32 AM BST
    My problem was that I looked like a woman already some three months before I got my name changed. This time span I had to explain my looks to people. I guess explaining is better than just not explain why a guy has long hair, a feminine face and boobs. The reason that I didn´t get my name when I needed was the fact that I had started my own hormones and our governmental system wanted to give me a small punishment for that. So they made some minor trouble in order to prevent others would not do the same.

Laura
  • June 3, 2003 1:58 AM BST
    LAURANATALIA,YOU'LL HAVE TO STRAIGHTEN THOSE GALS OUT!!!!! LIKE SOME OF MY LADY FRIENDS TELL ME ALL THE TIME "HOW ABOUT DRESSING DOWN ONCE IN A WHILE ,PHYLISS AND GIVE US A BREAK".I ALWAYS TELL THEM THAT THEY DON'T DRESS UP BECAUSE THEY MIGHT TURN THEIR HUSBAND ON AND MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE HIM A "LITTLE"...GEE! THAT WOULD NEVER DO ????AND THEY WANT TO KNOW WHY THEIR HUSBANDS CHEAT ON THEM !!!!!!!!! PHYLISS-MARIE P.S WHOSE FAULT IS THAT,REALLY hehehehehe
  • March 17, 2003 12:30 PM GMT
    Hi girls

A new problem... What to do if you start to have problems in passing as a man, but you are not ready for full time yet? I guess I would not pass as a woman yet. But people give me funny looks and some give even comments, when I´m in male clothes.
    Am I just the half-way? No good for either gender?

Laura
    • 1083 posts
    March 17, 2003 1:21 PM GMT
    Laura:

Sounds like you're in...The HalfWay House! Not quite male anymore, but not totally female, either. Welcome to the club!

Though born somewhat intersexed, I was raised mostly male, so this is not a problem I have much experience with as an adult. But if I see/hear anything, I'll post it here and let you know.

Better to be the way you are now as an adult, hon...

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 539 posts
    March 17, 2003 6:38 PM GMT
    In a few months, I may be in the same position, depending on how long it takes for hormones to have noticeable effects. Once I get to that point, it will probably be time for me to transition at work and leave my male self behind forever.

I can't wait!

Heather H.
  • March 18, 2003 6:03 AM GMT
    Hi Jayne and Heather

This situation came to me as a surprise, because I didn´t expect it so soon. I thought I could play male as long as I like, until I´m ready for full time.
    Only four months of hormones in my age should not be this much....but I guess there are big differences just depending on the person.
    My body seems just to have been waiting for this... Some people I know claim that there are hardly any noticable changes in one year...

hugs

Laura
  • March 18, 2003 12:38 PM GMT
    LAURANATALIA, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.I PASS EVERYDAY AS A WOMAN.WHEN I TRIED TO GO BACK TO BEING MALE TO VISIT MY FATHER A FEW MONTHS BACK,THE BEST I COULD GET BACK TO WAS AN EFFEMINATE ,GAY LOOKING MALE..ALL SORTS OF GAY MEN WERE TRYING TO PICK ME UP IN FLORIDA.TOO BAD I ONLY LIKE MACHO KINDA GUYS.YOU'RE AT THE MID POINT,SO YOU'LL HAVE TO JUMP TO BEING A FULL TIME WOMAN OR BUY A FAKE BEARD AT A NOVELTY SHOP MY TRANSITION WAS VERY RAPID.WHEN THE DOCTOR TOLD ME MY WIFE WOULD'NT LAST TOO MUCH LONGER,THAT'S WHEN I STARTED..ON HRT,EARS PIERCED, SHAVE BODY, FIRST OUTFIT,NAILS DONE (ACRYLICS,WITH CLEAR POLISH,NOT TOO LONG) SHE DIED 3 WEEKS LATER,THE NEXT DAY I WENT TO THE FUNERAL HOME IN A BLACK DRESS AND MADE THE ARRANGEMENTS.I'VE LIVED AS PHYLISS EVERY DAY SINCE(EXCEPT A WEEK AT DAD'S ) I HAD BEEN PREPARING MY TRANSITION IN MY HEAD FOR 50 YEARS,LIKE A PRISONER PLANNING AN ESCAPE WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT I MADE THE JUMP.IT HAS TAKEN ME 3 MONTHS TO PERFECT MY LOOK AND DEPORTMENT ,BUT I HAD BEEN PRACTICING MY VOICE FOR 25 YEARS.I ALSO HAD REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE LIVING FULL TIME FROM 1974-76 IN N.Y.C.,SO I KNEW WHAT TO DO,ALREADY...I WISH ALL THE GIRLS WHO WANT TO TRANSITION COULD HAVE IT AS EASY AS I DID....PHYLISS-MARIE
  • March 27, 2003 12:46 AM GMT
    Not a new problem Fewer look at me enfemme other than the stares all girls get form either gender.
    Im looked at questionably as a male. ? a sissy ? a bit queerly. Depends where U go out. Best either to wear unisex gear or real macho. Ive always been more comfortable in a dress or skirt as Ive never looked very macho Joanna

• June 2, 2003 1:32 PM BST
    Hehheee

Now it happened. An old gentleman opened a door for me. Maybe a bit short-sighted, I guess. My hair is quite long and I have much of it, but I was still in androgyne mode. But so are the most women in this country .

Laura
  • August 19, 2003 4:54 AM BST
    embrace your duality sugar, its what makes you unique. just be beautiful without appology. some may make comments but if your a pretty boy or a pretty girl your still pretty and thats nice. the next time someone looks you up and down and says "your pretty", you look them up and down and say "your not".