My way of coming out........

• 430 posts
    April 3, 2003 3:31 PM BST
    Hello All,

I thought I might tell you all the way that I tend to come out to people.
    When I go for a drive I like to talk to people and have had some conversations in a car. I find people will talk at great length about a great range of subjects and say more about themselves then I think that they might have otherwise.

So as I tell people I usually find some way of spending a bit of time with them in a car. In Oz its not a hard thing to do as everything is so far away, especially living in the west of Sydney!

Due to the captive audience factor maybe, but you really can get to the heart of the matter in one drive, get the whole Q & A bit out of the way and get back to living your lives.

I thought that this could be a good way of achieving things so thought it worth adding. I add with it though, I've not yet had a bad experience of coming out. Everyone I've told has been cool about it. I'm lucky. But if it helps someone then its a good thing.

Thats my little rant done, Hope it helps,

Fiona,
    I'm all love...
    • 539 posts
    April 4, 2003 3:20 AM BST
    I have tried that too, and it has worked out. The other way that I come out to people is over the phone - typically for people who do not live nearby. There is a risk of doing this in the car. If your friend reacts badly, then the captive audience factor will work against you, so it is probably best to come out to more tolerant people this way, or if there is some risk of a bad reaction to break the news near the end of the drive.

Heather H.