That's it

• May 13, 2003 1:51 PM BST
    WE'VE ALL PURGED SEVERAL TIMES,IT'S NOTHING NEW FOR US.LATER ,YOU'LL FEEL THAT EMPTINESS AND START TO FILL THAT CLOSET BACK UP .(AND CURSE YOURSELF FOR THROWING OUT YOUR FAVORITE WHATEVER IT WAS?????hehehe) YOU'LL BE BACK !!! PHYLISS-MARIE
  • May 13, 2003 11:41 PM BST
    Drastic! Very drastic, Barbara!

Whilst I've not actually 'purged' yet I have got as far as putting everything into black bags ready to take to a charity shop...but then I had second thoughts and took it all out again.

I've also been through the 'not wanting to dress' stage and didn't touch anything femme for weeks but, as has been said already by others here, when I did start again the 'urge' came back more strongly than ever before.

Now I don't think I could leave dressing for even a few days!!!

Jayne
    A TV's TV
  • May 18, 2003 9:41 AM BST
    Thank you all for your kind words and support. I have been tempted over the last couple of weeks, but there are other issues that I can't talk about, and I have to suppress it for at least a while - but it's HARD. I haven't changed my feelings - I just don't dress any more ( but I really wish I did.) It's all very confusing.

Babs
  • May 13, 2003 9:52 AM BST
    I purged yesterday. Threw the lot out - undies, bras, corsets, girdles, suspender belts, stockings, boots, shoes, wigs, skirts, tops, raincoats - the lot in the local clothing bank. This is about the fourth time.I felt a kind of relief when I did it but I feel terrible today. It's difficult to describe, but kind of empty. I don't know what I'm going to do now. Anybody had the same experience and can give me some hope, or, better still, honesty.

• May 13, 2003 5:32 PM BST
    Barbara,

Where is the local clothing bank? There may still be time for me to put some of your clothes to good use.

Seriously, purging is a bad idea. It is natures way of making sure that want to dress up even more than before. You don't say why you threw everything away, but don't be ashamed of who and what you are. Unless you are a very unique sort of TV, your urges may subside for a short while, but they will come back stronger than before. We've all been there!

I hope that you get a nice wardrobe when you decide that you can't live without dressing en femme. Good luck!

Lisa
  • May 13, 2003 9:41 PM BST
    I know what you mean, I remember the feeling of relief after purging and thinking everything was going to change, and then wishing I hadn`t a short while later.
    I too have purged several times, I have even gone for long periods without dressing, but it has never gone away, and like the other girls say, it always comes back stronger the next time.
    I hope everything works out for you.
  • May 14, 2003 3:54 AM BST
    All of us older CDs have done that many times. I soon realised It was a thing that would not go away. Costs a fortune very time u do it. Though its fun gathering up a new collection and the latest fashions ,different styles outfits,lingerie ,heels etc. Im full time now. But once I learnt It was not going to go away.I found hidding places for my gear where it could rest until the urge came back as I realised by now it would. -Eg in boxes in the garage or a locked wardrobe, In the ceiling or at a friends place in a locked trunk.Somewhere safe where it can be kept undisturbed until the need arises again
  • May 16, 2003 8:46 AM BST
    Well.... you are all telling me the same thing girls, and I have to admit - I have been wistfully looking at my fav online lingerie stores a few times. This is the third or fourth time I've done it, and you are right, it don't take the inner feeling away. So what now - should I persevere, or give in????????

Babs
  • May 16, 2003 11:03 AM BST
    Persevere or give in??????

You can never be someone you are not, so why spoil life by trying? Just think to yourself, I am not alone, I am not a pervert, I hurt no-one. You have beeen given a gift which you can either enjoy or fight. Give in to it and enjoy immense pleasure or fight it and end up being depressed and confused.

Even if you stay in the closet, just think I AM PROUD TO BE A TRANNIE!

Good Luck

Lisa
  • May 17, 2003 9:20 AM BST
    May I just echo every word Lisa says?

I've found that, once established in you, the 'urge' never goes away!

Best of luck!!!

Jayne
    A TV's TV
  • May 17, 2003 9:48 PM BST
    Same here Barbara, Lisa said it all.
    Thing is we are what we are and that is very very lucky,to appreciate soft feminine things in this often 'hard nosed world'is truly a gift.
    A lot of girls have felt misplaced guilt and purged, me included but like me and many other girls we always come back because it is a beautiful part of ourselves which must and will come out no matter how we try to supress it.
    A friend of mine purged and didn't dress for 8 months but now she's back and enjoying it all including going out dressed and she loves it. My last bit of advice is get into the chatrooms as much as you can and draw inspiration from talking to the many many other lovely girls just like you.

((((( Huggs )))) and xxxxxx Kisses
    Helene
  • May 27, 2003 10:53 AM BST
    Dearest Steph and all

Has it only been two weeks since I posted my purge? It seems an awful lot longer. How I long for my heels, the silky feel of putting on my undies, the firmness of the corset and the chore? of putting on my make up. But despite the longings, and the trips to my favourite sites, especially this, I have managed (so far!!) to curb my feelings to dress, aided by the fact that I have no clothes! Your comments are so true and I don't know how long I can last, but I've managed, with difficulty, so far - only two weeks -- hmmm.

Hugs

Babs
    • 456 posts
    May 13, 2003 9:24 PM BST
    I have to agree that purging is a bad idea. I have purged on a number of occasions when I have decided that I really am not a crossdresser or transvestite and I really shouldn't enjoy dressing. The only person I am not being truthful to is myself.

I managed to not dress at all for a period of about eight months when I was about 30 since then I have purged and bought and purged and bought.

Thankfully my wife now knows so the purging has stopped and I am becoming more accustomed to being myself.

I must admit however the thought of a new wardobe is something I would like to be able to afford right now.
  • May 14, 2003 3:18 AM BST
    I've never purged, but when I was younger, I quit for a while, just to see if I could. I found out I couldn't quit without being completely miserable every day. Of course, I haven't ever really wanted to quit.