Coming Out

• July 21, 2003 6:28 PM BST
    I agree with Evlynn. My wife is very supportive, I came out to her after we had only been going out for a few months. We have now been married for 9 years. My wife has had all the concerns any wife would have, will he run off with a guy etc. but we regularly talk about it and I am honest with her about how I feel.

It also works in my favour in other ways. I have my own business and work is slow right now. I have to pull my weight, I get a chore list each morning and for doing a good job, I am rewarded by being kept in panties and having to keep my toes painted at all times.

Good luck with your situation, it will be hard at first but there is no point having secrets in a relationship.

Melanie
    • 1 posts
    July 5, 2003 3:24 PM BST
    I need some advice o how to tell my wife of 15 years that I dress in ladies cloths. I have been dressing in private for the last 30 years and have never gone out to a public location. I am finding the need to dress stronger and stronger everyday and am only truely happy when I'm dres like the woman I should me. Can someond please help me
  • July 23, 2003 4:59 PM BST
    dear steve i am a crossdresser and have been for my whole life ,but i always dressed in secret and never in a dress except when no one would be at home i am 60 and i have been married for 35 years and i started wearing my wifes stockings as her uncle was in the hosiery business and she always had some lying around.as time went by i started wearing my daughters dresses but that was very risky.so two years ago after a heart scare i decided to finally tell her.well what i did was during the weekend we went for a walk and i started getting up the courage to do it,finally 34 years was forced out of my mouth and i told her everything,from the time that i was a small child and putting on my mothers stockings till op to the time that we were married.she took it pretty good as i explained that this was something that i had been doing from day one and it wasnt going to go away.she understood and now i am so happy that she lets me go to all my cd meetings and we just didnt tell our children as its non of their business.i also have closet space for all my skirts and dresses and i am so glad that i finally told her as i was going crazy staying in the dark well i hope this has helped you on your way love phylis anne
  • August 17, 2003 10:09 PM BST
    i have a really great site for you to check out. its www.ren.org. there is some really great and simple info on our issues. in particular the one you are concerned with.
    good luck sweetheart. just remember you cannot expect her to understand only to accept. be gentle and dont blow her away.
    • 456 posts
    July 21, 2003 10:54 PM BST
    i worried about my wife finding out for 19 years and then she did. At the time it was very traumatic and very worrying for both of us but in many ways it has brought us closer - we talk more now and neither of us feels that we need to have secrets. In many respects it has strengthened our relationship.

However I realise that thios will not work for everyone but if the love and fellings for each other are there then keeping secrets seems to make things worse.