great friends

• September 16, 2001 4:34 PM BST
    Dear Greta:

You followed your intuition and it sounds like it was well worth it!  Congratulations.  Little in the world is as important as friends and loved ones, especially if they are as understanding as yours seem to be!

Cathy
  • September 16, 2001 12:51 AM BST
    Well said Greta.

I'm glad it's all worked out nice for you.

Hugs,

Katie  
  • September 14, 2001 10:49 PM BST
    Hello sisters...

I am Greta from Munich (Ger) and had a real freaky startthrough last weekend. Since then everything (besides that horrible desaster with WTC on tuesday) is painted in pink and as soft and wonderful like on cloud No. 7.

AND: I learnt that my two friends I am sharing a flat with, are real great guys - the best in the world - hithere Andi + Michael if you read this. "smile"

And that´s how it happened:

Curiously the basis idea of outing myself started in July, when we had a terrible argue in our community. Then I called up one of my flatsharing friends in his studio lateron and he said to me: "You better check out what it is what you want or it´s the highway, either for you or for me!"
    I was shocked and close to hysteria.
    It took me the whole of the summer to decide if I would "come out" or leave the community. Some weeks ago it came to my mind that my best friend Stefan (in fact it is a homoerotic relationship, it´s more than friendship and less than love  -sadly enough. "smile"and I didn´t have a plan for halloween. So I layed out in front of me a "roadmap" what has to be done to prevent "friend shocking". I planned what to say when to what person. I really began to plan different scenarios (idiotic, that never works) and more and more I grew certain that this is it what I wanted, not to hide anymore, have fun and let it all out. Up from then I was mentally fixed to October 31st as "birthdate" of Greta (in rememberance of G. Garbo) but everything changed from monday 3rd of September. Stefan asked me to visit a fetish party with him and the only thing I thought was "what an opportunity" and instantly, without thinking, I said yes. -O.K. I spare out the time until saturday because the whole week I spent in growing nervousity and did nothing but to try to have a talk to Stefan and he had no time.

Saturday came and we still had to go shopping fetish cloths for him. In a shop I saw some dream of skirt and a coat out of this world. I had a try, I had my pay and I had a look into two big eyes. He tried to be some kind of actor and to stay cool but I was still uncertain how he will react, when I tell him of Greta. In the evening we met again at a common friend of us (she made my make-up, hugs Yvonne), Stefan fell back when he saw me and was enthusiastic.
     -first surprise and first real heavy kick (rest of night: second surprise and kick (Hi Stefan) but no details, censored, "smile")
    The next day in the flat was quite silent and peaceful until the phone rang and Andy called me up to inform me that he and Michael will come later this evening. As I still wore the dreamcombination from last night this evening promised to be a real thrill. I was calm until the key was turned in the door. I hoped that someone would open the door and see the "diva" but nothing happened. I grew more and more nervous until my body hurted at the funniest locations. Then I gathered the rest of my guts and opened the door went to the next door and.....

What should I say, their reaction was great, greater nottobeatanymore. We spoke until four a.m. and had much fun.

Third positive surprise and kick on that single weekend - unforgettable
    Think of it!!! I was mentally prepared for halloween and one week later everything was compressed to two days, a chilling experience, that I can say now.
    The weekend was an unique and dense experience "woman" has to make and great fun. The next working day was not!!

My strong advise to all sisters: Have a look at your friends listen to your feelings concerning them and trust them. If they do not want to be your friends anymore, dump them, don´t hesitate, because then they have not been true friends. Do not make the same mistake and think that you can live without your "inner mirror", she is stronger than you might think and she will come up one day sooner or later. And as no one lives forever, sooner would be better, don´t you agree??

Hugs and lots of kisses
    the black Greta