Morally wrong?

• March 11, 2004 10:30 AM GMT
    What do you think girls...
    Suppose you transition all the way, have the SRS and pass so fine that nobody can tell... Should you tell your boyfriend or not? If he cannot find it out himself? Is it morally wrong to live in stealth?

Laura
  • March 12, 2004 5:17 AM GMT
    I would never MARRY someone and not tell him. But I would say nothing to a one-night-guy. And to my mind, after the SRS we are no more transsexuals, but normal women. The disease is healed.
    And that is not only my opinion, I think our organization of finnish transsexuals shares my opinion. So, how many other people feel obliged to talk about healed diseases?

Laura
    • 539 posts
    March 18, 2004 12:04 AM GMT
    This probably echoes some other comments. After SRS, it is necessary to be honest with a serious partner about the past. We may feel that we are totally "cured" after the surgery, but others may feel differently. There is always a risk that the partner will find out anyway, and that could get extremely ugly. One difference with some other comments: I would reveal the "secret" to somebody before getting intimate, even if it is a one-night-stand. However, I don't believe that it is absolutely necessary to reveal these details to casual friends and acquaintances.

Heather H.