Steppin' Out

• 1980 posts
    March 24, 2004 2:58 PM GMT
    Hi All-

Oh boy, I am so nervous. I already told Cindy offline about this, but thought I would share it with the rest of the group, too. In a few hours I'm leaving to visit a t-friend I met on another group called North Bay Tranny Girls. She, in turn, has invited me to visit a Seattle group called Emerald City Social Club as a guest on one of their shopping forays. I'm going to go up to her home near Seattle today and spend the night and then tomorrow evening we will meet the EC girls at a restaurant they've reserved for dinner and then go shopping after hours at a t-friendly store for a special showing.

Stephany, that's her name, wants us to go out beforehand to Seattle tomorrow and do some shopping together and maybe get me a makeover. Ohmigawsh, all this on my first time out. I think I'd be happy to just ride around the block in a car as Joni <lol>. Anyway, I've made up my mind to just do it and have fun and not worry. Even bought new shoes and some new perfume, what more does a girl need?

So off I go, will report back on Friday. Wish me luck, I know for a lot of you girls it's old hat, but for me it's a big step. It's one thing to be out of the closet and another to walk out the front door (figuratively speaking anyway).

Nervous hugs, Joni from Oregon
    Girls, I'm gone. Wish me luck. Hugs. See you in a couple of days.

Joni blowing kisses out the window.
  • March 25, 2004 8:24 AM GMT
    I wish you luck Joni

I remember my first day out in a skirt last June. I simply left home, went to the bus stop, entered the bus with other people. And nothing happened. I just couldn´t believe my eyes....they took me for a girl. Or at least they didn´t show not to do it.
    I had a 8 months long HRT behind, that helped a lot. And I moved alone. Always when there is a group of trannies, it gets looks. Alone it is much easier to disappear in the crowd.

Laura
    • 539 posts
    March 26, 2004 10:32 PM GMT
    The first experience is always scary, but for many of us, it turns out to be a bit of an anti-climax. My first experiences were just a few trips out of the house alone. I was very nervous, but nothing bad happened, and my confidence quickly grew. Of course, if you are with a group of trannies, you will be read. But there are seldom any bad reactions from other people. Those who would attack us are probably afraid to if we are in a group (after all, some of us look rather big and mean). You will likely find that your first outings will go very well. Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Heather H.