the real me

• August 19, 2004 12:45 PM BST
    The name choice is a very delicate business and you are yourself the only one to say what is right.
    I didn´t take the girl´s name my mom would have given me, because I didn´t want her to get involved in this matter.
    Quite long I planned to take Virpi as my second name, I´m born on Virpi´s day. But then I met a woman SO AWFUL...and her name was Virpi. I said no way and changed the second name into the form Virve.
    You must have a good feeling about your names. And that they are YOUR names.

Laura
    • 2068 posts
    August 19, 2004 12:36 PM BST
    you are probably wonderin why i've changed my second name back to my original one.There is a story behind why i've done it.When i first started dressing,there was one TV..kelly wilson who took me under her wing and showed me how to get started.3 months after i first met her,she was killed in a car and i was devastated..so i started using her second name in her memory.But now i feel it's time to let things go.i'll never forget what she did for me,but it's time my real name saw the light of day again.i hope you all understand how i'm feelin about it .Love and xx maria
    • 2068 posts
    August 19, 2004 12:52 PM BST
    hi laura,thanks for takin the time to read my story. i do appreciate it very much.i just feel it's time everyone knew.Love and xxx maria
  • August 19, 2004 1:23 PM BST
    Sandra

That´s why my daughter Emma is Emma, because that is also a good international girl´s name, which you write everywhere the same way. I remember once returning home with Emma from Libya we stopped in Rome and had her name printed on a t-shirt. Later on that was not any more recommended, but that time nobody was scared of pedophiles.
    The italian girl who printed the t-shirts asked me "Emma? Come Emma italiana?" I said "Si, si".

Laura
    • 1980 posts
    August 21, 2004 4:02 PM BST
    Hi Daniel-

I hope you saw my other post about your picture. I agree with Sandra, you have a lovely face with so much potential. You will make a beautiful woman.

As far as all the negative things, I say, phooey! You could pluck any g-girl at random out of crowd and she could recite a long litany of all the things that are wrong with her features. Oh, waah!<lol> You are very lucky to have such a good start on your femininity, many of us girls would cheerfully shove our grannies off a cliff for what you have going for you.

And I'm just kidding about the granny thing. The last thing I need is a bunch of t-grannies on my door step waving their canes and daring me to come out.<lol> Interesting thought picture, though isn't it? Miniskirts, 5" heels, gray wigs done up in a bun.

Hugs, Joni
    • 1198 posts
    August 21, 2004 4:08 PM BST
    Daniel,
    we are who we are babe and as far as i can see i think your pcture is lovely, better looks than me darlin. So keep smiling and get some more pic;s posted soon and Joni i still love your smile. One last thing we all have storys to tell and expierences to share, but when we look in the mirror we all see the real us.
    That might be a bould statement but its true.......love JJ xx
    • 2573 posts
    August 22, 2004 6:15 AM BST
    JJ, I believe you are right and I hope you are not. The reason for both of those is because while "crossdressing" as a male I was pretty happy with how "good" I looked. Since I started "dressing" as Wendy I am dissatisfied, despite doing a better job with makeup and putting outfits together...I think it is because Wendy sees the real me and if so I wish I looked as good as "he" thought I did...u know men, they are easy to please, I was probably staring at my boobs. Or maybe, I am just being girly-critical of my looks.
  • August 24, 2004 7:07 AM BST
    Oh....

I´m a lucky girl to have real breasts .

Laura
  • August 24, 2004 7:28 AM BST
    Hehe Sandra...

One destiny companion here is worried that her breasts don´t cope with her age. I don´t want to take that kind of worries.

Laura
  • August 24, 2004 7:37 AM BST
    I haven´t met violent men so far. Only eager men. But they could turn into something else as soon as they had reached my pants. That´s why I keep a certain distance to men until my SRS.

Laura
  • August 24, 2004 7:48 AM BST
    The group knowing about my transition includes several hundred people. Yet I don´t consider my process as a public one. Those people just had to know. And that group is not growing any more.

As a young student I could have kept that group very limited and could have been employed later on in stealth.

Laura
  • August 24, 2004 8:00 AM BST
    Yes Sandra

Many hundred people have possible weapons in their hands to hurt me...if such occasion would turn up. On the other hand I don´t believe that many would like to hurt me. I believe in people, as you have perhaps noticed in my writings.
    If somebody would later on come and say...you know Laura used to be a man in the past, I would just say "So what? What´s bad about that?".

Laura
  • August 24, 2004 10:00 AM BST
    Since the group of people aware of my past is that big I simply must be ready for anything. So, I must prepare myself also for unconvinient things to turn out, even after a longer time.
    I must think out some clever and a bit nasty answers to the possible insults. And hope I never must use them .

Laura