Hold my hand

• 2463 posts
    March 23, 2005 4:02 AM GMT
    I did it.

I told my mother.

She had no idea. She never guessed I am TG. At one point she said "You're my son no matter what," and then I said "Even if I'm you're daughter." She broke out laughing because of the rhythm of the conversation..

She accepts me.

PS. I will finally show what I look like, ten pounds or none!

Girls, I am one step closer. Please, help me
    • 2573 posts
    March 23, 2005 5:40 AM GMT
    Mere,
    I'm so glad your mom is there for you. Priceless.
    Wendy
    • 588 posts
    March 23, 2005 9:17 AM GMT
    Mere,
    makes me feel - I'm having a lovely day already. (I just woke up - 10 AM here in Oslo. )

Linda
    • 2068 posts
    March 23, 2005 10:24 AM GMT
    Good for you mere!!! now you've told her about it things can only get better. your mum sounds like a real gem! as for the other honey,you KNOW i'll help you all i can.You just have to say the word......love anna-marie xxxxxxx
    • 614 posts
    March 23, 2005 10:31 AM GMT
    thats fab news hun , im pleased for ya
    • 2627 posts
    March 23, 2005 12:05 PM GMT
    Bet your on clouds right now, thats great news. Reading that was a good way to start my day.
    • 1652 posts
    March 23, 2005 12:25 PM GMT
    well done mere. telling my mum has only strengthened our relationship, i'm sure it will be the same for you.
    what's more i just told my dad too! must be something to do with spring arriving or something.
    xx
    • 2463 posts
    March 23, 2005 1:36 PM GMT
    Thank you all.

Once again - T-Girls to the rescue!

Yes, I do feel better right now and I don't regret my decision to tell me mum one bit. I do feel as if that weight has been lifted. I still have a long way to go. My wife will never accept it, and I can't blame her for that. Maybe I am a freak.

Anyway, thank you ladies. I love you all. I'm going to get to where I want to be, one way or the other.

Mere
  • March 23, 2005 8:12 PM GMT
    Hi Meredith
    Im so very pleased for you.Im sure your mum will now be able to get to know the true side of her child and you will both benefit. Love is so powerful.
    And you are not a freak, you are unique.
    Lets all hold hands together

Love Dorothy xx
    Butterflies begin from having been another (from a song by Eva Cassidy)
    • 338 posts
    March 23, 2005 8:50 PM GMT
    mere babes.. with a voice like yours your no freak.

way happy for you babes.. me mums ok but yours sounds way cool. bout time sommnik went your way
    • 2463 posts
    March 24, 2005 2:58 AM GMT
    Thank you all for your support. I hope to repay you all someday. I don't know what I did to deserve sisters like you.

Mere
  • March 24, 2005 3:03 AM GMT
    Hi Mere,
    Great to hear about you and your mom!!!
    I hope that you get more good news, you deserve it!!

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
    • 374 posts
    March 24, 2005 10:27 AM GMT
    Hi Meredith,

I'm so glad to hear things went well with your mom, she sounds like a real sweety and will be a great support for you

And no hon, you are not a freak...none of us are!! We're just people that are a little different.

I really hope things go well for you from here on in and you get to where you want to be

Hugs,

Monika
  • March 29, 2005 12:46 AM BST
    Cool

I'm so glad you've got your mother on your side.

Well done

:hug:

• June 1, 2005 11:00 AM BST
    Happy for you babes,

I cheated and told my sister first knowing she would break the news to mum. The irony of it was that mum already knew owing to the fact she had quite a collection of clothes I thought I had lost years ago

Mum was just glad that I finally admitted who I was
  • June 1, 2005 1:57 PM BST
    It must feel great to have the support of your mum,she sounds like one in a million.
    Every step is a big step and we are all here to support you.
    • 1198 posts
    June 1, 2005 6:16 PM BST
    Good news Mere,

i remember you saying this was one aspect of being TG you didn't like, glad it all came through for you. As Sandra said though " And you? What do you expect from the come out?". Just be aware hun, you are one person i wouldn't want to get hurt.....hugz Julie xx
    • 2463 posts
    June 1, 2005 6:33 PM BST
    JJ, you always know what to say to me. Thanks.

Not much really changed between me and mum. In fact, it's nice to be able to make a reference to something TG'd, like the interview I did with Helen Boyd, and be able to openly talk about it.

And now what? To me, it's another step on the journey. While I do not know whether I can be fully out as TG is unsure. I'll probably get one or two steps further then have to stop. But I do know that it's one less person to hide from. I would like to be able to go out as Mere someday.

So for now I'm probably stuck in a holding pattern. My wife called me a freak again last Friday during the midst of an argument. However, this morning she asked me if I accidentally put her pantyhose in the wash. Then she stopped and said "Wait, you would know not to do that." It was funny.

I promise to be careful.
    • 1198 posts
    June 1, 2005 6:50 PM BST
    As long as you are happy Mere, then that is all that matter's, as for your wife calling you a freak, well she will do because she feel's " that she may have done something to make you feel like this), , but as i said glad your happy......hugz Julie xx
    • 2463 posts
    June 1, 2005 7:40 PM BST
    Good comments there, girls. Thanks again.

As for my wife, while we may be in a bit of limbo right now, we are trying. On Sunday we were asked, once again, to help with this special Mass at Holy Name Cathedral for those celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Since we "work" for the Archdiocese by doing Pre-Cana workshops they wanted to know if we'd help out again. It's incredible. And a lot of fun.

But the big issue is, what shall I wear? Something freaky?
    • 2463 posts
    June 1, 2005 7:42 PM BST
    Good comments there, girls. Thanks again.

As for my wife, while we may be in a bit of limbo right now, we are trying. On Sunday we were asked, once again, to help with this special Mass at Holy Name Cathedral for those celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Since we "work" for the Archdiocese by doing Pre-Cana workshops they wanted to know if we'd help out again. It's incredible. And a lot of fun.

But the big issue is, what shall I wear? Something freaky?
    • 2463 posts
    June 1, 2005 8:10 PM BST
    Where can I get that outfit?
    • 2463 posts
    June 1, 2005 10:02 PM BST
    Girls, thank you for all your words of support and wisdom. I learn from you all every day.

There is a TG convention taking place here in the Chicago area this month. How I wish I could go, and all dolled up, too! Doesn't look like it's going to happen, though. Oh well. It is a warm day here today so I did have on my mini to keep cool.