I'm out

• January 4, 2006 11:59 PM GMT

Coming out is good, I'm about to tell one of the most important people in my life and I didn't realise really how much she meant to me until now, aint that a cliche?
    • 2573 posts
    January 1, 2006 7:12 PM GMT
    Thank you Katie and all the sisters at TW for the love, support and encouragement that allowed me to grow to where I could come out to my ex early this morning. It was one of the scariest things I have ever done, (starting my first chat on TW was scarier) despite being sure she would accept me. It's so hard to take the first step down a path you can never come back from.

She was every bit my friend. So warm, loving, kind and accepting of Wendy. My wildest hopes could not approach the reality of her reactions. I wish everyone's experience could be so good. Yes, of course I cried, why do you even ask? You know me. Yes, I'm crying now. Isn't being happy so wonderful? I plan to tell another friend this week.

I guess I should sleep and then blog about last night I want something, to remember last night with, in years to come. I have a feeling the shock will really hit when I have slept.
    • 1980 posts
    January 1, 2006 8:14 PM GMT
    Hey, Wendo, I can't jump up and down any more. You have an email, gf. So happy for you.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2463 posts
    January 1, 2006 9:37 PM GMT
    Wendy, since we chatted today I won't repeat what I said other than I hope it all works out for you.
    • 1652 posts
    January 2, 2006 12:08 AM GMT
    wendy, having never met you i can still say with confidence that you are a lovely person, sounds like your ex isn't bad either.
    well done.
    love, lucy
    xx
    • 2627 posts
    January 2, 2006 6:10 PM GMT
    • 2573 posts
    January 2, 2006 8:03 PM GMT
    TRANSGENDER LITMUS TEST:

I haven't had work for two months.
    My van died on NYE and I have no way to get to work if I get some.
    I have an abcessed tooth.
    I'm out of antibiotics, my legs hurt from pushing the van and I am facing a 3-mile walk in a rainstorm.

I should be depressed and miserable, but.....

I can't remember the last time I was this happy or comfortable with Wendy. Yep, I think I AM transgendered.

NOTE: my new personal quote
    • 1980 posts
    January 3, 2006 12:29 AM GMT
    Like there was any doubt.<lol> It's all relative, sis, things and a streak of bad luck (even a persistent one) are immaterial, it will all get better. But knowing who you are and being at peace with it matters more than anything else. I'm very happy for you, Wendy.

Hugs...Joni
    • 773 posts
    January 3, 2006 1:54 AM GMT
    I'm so happy for you Wendy. As I come out to more and more people, it gets easier with every conversation. I am very close to the reckless abandon stage of outness, and I am loving every minute of it.

Interesting how I fill most of the criteria on the checklist you created. I'm out of work, wouldn't be able to afford to complete an assignment if I had one, but because of my sisters here, have been able to accomplish so many more important things.

Now, if we could just get this money thing figured out, we'd be in pretty good shape.
  • January 4, 2006 5:08 AM GMT
    Wendy, I am so happy for you. Coming out is scary. I took the first step and then got scared and tried to put it out of my mind with no luck. We are what we are. Good luck with all you do.
    LuvHugKis, Rachel
  • January 4, 2006 5:34 PM GMT
    Wendy,

I'm happy for your recent success with your ex.!

Sorry about the bad spat of luck though! Hope all get's better, especially the tooth. Those hurt like #$@!!*&!!!.

Take care, hon!

Hugs,

Kari
    • 2573 posts
    January 8, 2006 9:52 AM GMT
    Good luck, Lucy. I hope it goes well for you. I know my friend knowing so much about transgenderism helped make it much easier for me.

Finally got down from the clouds long enough to Blog about coming out. All kinds of new stuff breaking loose and I'm changing again, but in the same direction. Now I have to face living what I know I need to.
  • January 8, 2006 12:08 PM GMT
    • 2573 posts
    February 21, 2006 6:31 PM GMT
    Saturday I told a second friend about Wendy. It went well, as I was sure it would. We talked about our intimate relationship in the past and how our individual issues affected it. Our relationship changed on good terms, it was not because we did not get along in any way. We were good friends and we have remained friends. We agreed to go out together to a TG-friendly lesbian bar later this year. The day was only marred by a migraine that lasted long enough to keep me from eating tempura at lunch. Thank you for Imitrex!

It's pretty wonderful to have old friends I can now, in person, be open with. Shopping for clothes and makeup with my last "ex" (the first person I told) is much more fun for both of us now. She likes Wendy far better than my old self......as do I. If I was where I am ten years ago, I suspect we would not have split up. I mention this because I had good reason to tell her and expect that she would accept and even embrace my crossdressing and I did not because of my fears of losing her. In my case, it is likely coming out to her might have saved our relationship. It is not always true that telling the person who loves you will have a negative effect. You really have to consider both possibilities. There are so many stories of pain and loss from coming out that I wanted to "Speak comfort...." to those of you trying to decide what to do. While it's true that we, and those we love, can be hurt by coming out to them it is also true that the pain will be worse the longer we put it off. As someone said, to live a life with us only to find out, at the end, that they never knew you.....that would be the worst pain for them. Well, we each have to decide for ourselves what is best. For my "ex" and I, my coming out is too late, but we should be better friends for it, if I can keep changing for the better, deleting the old programming and becoming the person I have always been inside. I've had so many of you tell me how nice I was and how much you liked me, but it was hard to completely accept it was true....until my "ex" told me how much nicer Wendy was to be with. Now I do believe. It makes letting go of the old much easier.

One last thoght....there is a show called "The Real West" and it quotes a Native Amercian who said something like "...whether it be for good or bad, one thing was certain, there would be change." Your life will change when you come out and change, good or bad, is scary for most intelligent life.
    • 2573 posts
    April 11, 2006 2:47 AM BST
    Three months and things still go well. I'm beginning to notice about one T-girl a month while out en homme. I want to walk up and say, "Me too; I'm Wendy" but it's hard to know how to approach someone you can see is expecting "disaster" when they see you looking at them, even if you smile at them.

I'm slowly being buried in fashion magazines, makeup, even a new pair of shoes from my friend, not to mention many tips and numerous discussions of fashion and makeup from a gg who REALLY knows her stuff. She talks about us sharing clothes, is pushing me not to wait to get my ears pierced (I'm thinking of May 22nd, Wendy's second birthday to make it REALLY special) and just fills my life with warm fuzzy days. We even get out once or twice a week for lovely dinners and great shopping trips for clothes and makeup....alas, still, by necessity, en homme for the present. Best of all, I am really changing. I get along great with my ex; we always used to fight....I deal with things differently and it's clearly a real change not an "act" as my life used to be. Coming out has been a wonderful experience for me so far; so good that nothing that happens later can overshadow those positive experiences enough to make me regret it. I truly had nothing to fear but fear itself.

Thank you all for almost two wonderful years here at TW with a lot of wonderful Sisters....and a few really nice guys. BIG HUG for you all.
  • April 11, 2006 5:47 AM BST
    Wendy,

Glad to hear things are going well for you! It's great having you around here! You're GG friend sounds cool! I have one here but she is a butch lesbian so not much help on make-up LOL but a great friend non the less! Is great when friends accept! I wish you all the luck in the future and hope everything keeps going well!

*hugs*

~Valerie
    • 2573 posts
    April 11, 2006 6:53 AM BST
    My other friend I told is somewhat butch, drives a big pckup truck and I could probably give her makeup lessons, but she's sweet, kind and loving and a great friend who also went through a period of sexual confusion and understands. And thanks Val, it's great to have you around....and I haven't forgotten about the In and Out Burgers. (geez, i hope they don't censor that...honest it's a real hamburger chain)
  • April 11, 2006 7:04 AM BST
    Oh gawd LOL I was just thinking about In and Out the other day when looking for somewhere for lunch!!! LOL The conversation in the van ( with others from work ) is up here we have such lil variety in fast food, One guy said " I wish we had atleast jack in the box" and Another siad "or a Carl's Jr. " and I siad ohhh IN and OUT!! and they siad What's that???? LOL I siad "that's heaven!"

*hugs*

~Valerie x x