The first steps have begun

• 2463 posts
    February 10, 2006 6:07 PM GMT
    For the first time since leaving my friends house, I was able to see my therapist today. The reason for that is she has her office right by where he lives and it wasn't that easy for me to get to after I left. Now I can do so.

I got down there early enough to go into the men's room(!) to get ready. I put on my thigh highs, my short skirt, fake boobs, then brushed out my wig. I went to the mirror to straighten it out, then apply my lipstick. I didn't have any other makeup on. I walked down the hallway where some of the people in other offices sure checked me out!

As I've said before, my shrink has seen me dressed, and the piccies of me as a woman, but not in person with the wig and lipstick. She again said I looked natural. I just wish I had more makeup on. Next week she's giving me some concealer that she has but never used. She is so cool! And, once again, very attractive. She is great role model.

She is already preparing the letter for me to use when I see my GP about transitioning. I've been seeing her long enough for this to fall under the SOC - Standards of Care - guidelines set down by the medical profession for TSs. She is ready to back me up, even in court, if need be.

Before I went to my appointment I had time to stop at Starbucks for a coffee and chocolate chip muffin. I so wished I could have changed there and walked out as Meredith. Not without the full makeup, though. Heck, I wanted to leave my house all dolled up!

So I have started those first little baby steps.
    • 614 posts
    February 11, 2006 9:29 AM GMT
    happy for ya hunny bun and well done
    and good luck
    • 588 posts
    February 11, 2006 1:04 PM GMT
    Sounds like the right steps, Meredith - and pretty too.

Linda
    • 2068 posts
    February 11, 2006 9:32 PM GMT
    Way to go girl, have fun cos you sure as hell deserve it!

Love & xxxxxxxxxx Anna-Marie
    • 2463 posts
    February 12, 2006 7:09 PM GMT
    Like I said, she's seen me dressed before, just not as much as she did on Friday. I sure wish I had her eyes!

With the way things are going at the moment, who knows how long it will be before anything else happens.

My wife admitted to me that she did not throw out my stuff that she found. I am demanding it all back. She's not giving it over until I get everything else out of the house. I pester her every day about it. We're on the verge of possibly losing the house, so she has that anger to deal with. She still calls this a perversion.

This morning I took the opportunity to get somewhat dolled up - mostly wig and lipstick. Since everyone sleeps so late on Sundays I figured I had some time. Nervousness set in and I took it all off. My dad has a habit of not knocking before entering a room and the last thing I need right now is for him to see me like that before knowing beforehand.

These next few days are going to be beyond tense for me. Keep me in your prayers, okay?
    • 2068 posts
    February 12, 2006 8:54 PM GMT
    Mere Honey......you're NEVER out of our prayers!

Love & xxxxxxxxxx Anna-Marie
  • February 17, 2006 12:04 PM GMT
    Mere,

Wonderful news hon!!! *hugs* I'm so happy for you!!!
    Will have to come meet you for coffee sometime at that Starbucks!

*hugs*

~Valerie