Songs you can live without

• 2463 posts
    February 22, 2006 3:45 PM GMT
    The radio scene here in Chicago is pathetic. It's awful. Did I mention it's terrible? But that got me to thinking - instead of listing our favorite songs, why not list those we hate and wish we could do away with forever?

NOW I AM NOT TRYING TO INSULT ANYONE!!! We are all entitled to our choices in music. But here's a list of crap I wish I would never have to hear again. Thank you, Chicago DJs. The thing is at one time I could tolerate a lot of this list. I'm just sick and tired of the same crap being forced down my throat.

HERE IT IS!!!!

Led Zeppelin - "Stairway to Heaven." Barf. Then again, throw the rest of their stuff in here as well.

Rolling Stones - Pretty much anything, but "Satisfaction" comes first

U2 - ANYTHING by them. I also can't stand St. Bono. Every time he farts I'm supposed to know what it smelled like.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. The whole album. Not an hour goes by around here without it being played.

Derek and the Dominos - The first half of "Layla." The instrumental portion is still beautiful.

Eric Clapton - Cocaine. 'Nuff said.

"Tainted Love." Who was that? Soft Cell?

The five billion remakes of "Funky Town," "I Only Want To Be With You," "Locomotion," "Mony Mony," and "Everlasting Love."

There's a lot more but I figure that's enough ranting for now. I have a class to teach this morning.
    • 2627 posts
    February 22, 2006 4:17 PM GMT
    I can add about 500 songs to that.
    Mostly I agree with your choises. Not a Zeppelin fan but I realy like Boogie With Stu.
    Can do with out the B52's. Both Rock Lobster & Love Shack.
    In Detroit they play the same songs over & over. With so much great music why do they do that. I realy don't listen to radio anymore.I've downloaded most of my favorites.
  • February 22, 2006 4:25 PM GMT
    Karen,
    I get Detorit Radio here, and Toldeo too.. *LOL* ( I stll tend to listen to discs of my choice or the news LOL ) Hey do you ever go to Gigi's??

*hugs*

~Valerie
    • 2627 posts
    February 22, 2006 7:09 PM GMT
    Val your the second person to ask about Gigi's lately.
    I know where it it & I know people that do go there.
    But they don't think anyone should be in the closet & I was afraid they would out me. I've been talking to a girl from Oregon. She gos when ever she's in town.
    • 2573 posts
    February 22, 2006 9:43 PM GMT
    Since albums have been admitted to the running:

Going way way back to the 60's there are two recordings that I wish never to hear again and regret ever hearing OF, let alone hearing:

Winchester Cathedral
    Tex Ritter Sings Abraham Lincoln's Favorite Hymns.

Top those, girls.
    • 2463 posts
    February 25, 2006 5:23 PM GMT
    How about anything by William Shatner?
    • 773 posts
    February 25, 2006 9:33 PM GMT
    While I remain a staunch fan of the Stones, U2 and Jimmy Page, there are some songs I could do without by both of them. Topping that list would be "Stairway." And while we're at it, we could probably do without "Free Bird" altogether, though there was an hilarious cover band in Baltimore who called themselves "Stairway to Free Bird."

In the tranny context, Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" and Paul Schaffer's "It's Raining Men" should be banned forever, and the next half-baked drag queen who lipsyncs either of them should be shot at dawn or even sooner.

The Village People, Britney Spears, Jessica and Ashley Simpson, N'Sync, Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, and Eminem should all be hunted down like wildebeasts and drawn and quartered on national television for all to see.

Of course, my hit list goes on and on, but this will do for starters, and once I have been elected Queen of the World, I expect that these recommendations will be followed to the letter. Thanks in advance to all my loyal subjects.

By the way, Meredith, Bono's last fart smelled of roses.
    • 2463 posts
    February 27, 2006 3:06 PM GMT
    Again, Robyn, I wasn't trying to insult anyone's taste in music. Enjoy!

HOW IN THE WORLD COULD I FORGET TO PUT "FREE BIRD" ON THAT LIST?!!?!? I am soooooooo embarrassed to leave that off!

I agree fully with your posting. And as for St. Bono, oh, dear....