BIG probs with chatroom....

• 2068 posts
    July 25, 2006 8:59 PM BST
    Can any of you girls shed any light on the probs i'm having with the New Chatroom. I've not been able to get in for a few days now.....& i'm a mod ffs. I have the latest version of flash player downloaded, Have no pop up blockers on & yet i STILL can't get into chat. I Honestly have NO idea why i'm having these probs & i''m starting to get VERY frustrated so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

LOL xxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2127 posts
    July 25, 2006 9:10 PM BST
    Hi Anna-Marie,

As far as I know we do not have any specific problems with the chat room right now. There are plenty of people in there chatting.

Please let me have a bit more information about what happens when you try to get in and I'll try to help.

For example, can you tell me if you have ever been able to get in? Is this a new problem or have you never been able to get in? I'm sure you told me you were able to get in before but were not a mod. I then added you to the mods list. Have you been able to get in since then?

When you try to go into the chat room, what happens? Do you get an error message? What is on the screen at the point when you are unable to enter?

Have you recently changed ISP's or do you use a proxy server? Have you made any other changes to your computer since you were last able to enter?

If you can give me the answers to those questions it will be very helpful in discovering the cause.

Thanks and huggies,

Katie x
    • 773 posts
    July 25, 2006 11:21 PM BST
    If the symptom you're experiencing is that it wants to load to 335%, then stalls, just hit your refresh, and all aspects should load to 100% and you will be OK to enter either room.
  • July 25, 2006 11:31 PM BST
    the new chat site...

On Macintosh's with either Safari or Firefox....

gets to 335% and hangs... refresh doesn't work.
    Also problem with some menu's still... only way to return to top is to manually key URL again

Was working a week or 2 ago. now I cant use that computer at all to access TW..... Sad, if I can't access from home machine....
  • July 26, 2006 11:38 AM BST
    Same problem I have, 335% and refresh doesn't work.
    • 2127 posts
    July 26, 2006 10:31 PM BST
    Hi girls, we've been through this before several times.

Anna-Marie's problem is now sorted out. It appears that when she downloaded Flash it may not have installed properly. It's working okay now.

I've already said that Trannyweb is designed to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer because that is still overwhelmingly the most prevalent browser on the web, accounting for something in the region of about 90% of all internet browsers.

Yes, there is a bug in the new chat room which occasionally prevents it from loading first time in IE but a simple refresh fixes that.

However, some other browsers like Safari and Opera can not avail themselves of that fix and until the people who sold us the new chat room are able to do away with that bug, those browsers will not work with our new chat room.

I'm very sorry about this. I hope that it won't take them too long to find a solution but until then those two browsers will continue to have problems.

In the meantime, if you want to access the chat room, just download a copy of IE or Firefox.

Hugs,

Katie x

PS Hanna, is that Johnny Depp who's cuddling you in your profile pic?
  • July 27, 2006 11:49 AM BST
    Hi Katie!

I fully understant that there are problems but since you and I aren't exactly on daily contact I am not sure if I should point them out or not. I usually just tell myself that "oh well, someone else must have already pointed that one out..."

It works with Firefox so no problem there.

About my picture, the guy you can't see because I cut him out is just a random guy at some random disco but if it turns out it really WAS Johnny Depp, I am going to regret cutting him out since I don't think I saved the original one...