One or two suggestions

• September 5, 2006 5:18 PM BST
    Hi!

I am a big fan of the "most recent posts" list and I use that to see what is going on in the forum.

Today when I checked the list of recent posts without being logged in I tried to click on one of them to see what it contained. I got a message stating something like "this forums is only available to full members" and thought nothing of it since I wasn't logged in.

Then I realized that I can "see" all new subjects in all forums, even the moderator forums (I think), but I can't read the message body.
    Some subjects could contain sensitive information that I shouldn't be able to see and someone not logged in absolutely shouldn't be able to see.
    Can't you block the listing of new posts if they are in a forum the user can't access?

Also, since I like the feature of "recent posts" so much, I'd like a longer list than the present one.
    And when I am at it, I also have a wish for a nested forum so that people can reply to replies without having them listed flat under the original post. This could help with the problem when topics spins off and lands somewhere else than the poster intended them to...

Thank you for a good forum!
    • 2627 posts
    September 5, 2006 11:02 PM BST
    The thing that gets me is that when I hit a post I can't see, it tells me, I click OK & then go to a different page. Why can't it bring us back to forums listing?
    I think Kate Stone has a good idea there.