Well and truely out

• May 26, 2007 9:09 PM BST
    Hi Girls just a little update to let you all know that i am OUT to all my family and friends apart from my mum as she is to old and frail to have to try and cope with my TS so everyone has said they will not tell her and neither will I. I am on top of the world and happier than i have ever been before and for the first time in 30 years i am really looking forward to the rest of my life. I owe all of this to you wonderful girls who have helped me soooo much with your kind words and encouragement and all the forum posts that have inspired me and given me the confidence to come out and finally accept myself for who i am and not hide away anymore. So thank you all very much for all your help.

Big hugs and kisses
    Love Samantha
    • 374 posts
    May 26, 2007 10:56 PM BST

Congratulations Paula! I'm so happy for you. It must have taken a lot of courage for you to do this. It sounds like you have a supportive family. It's also very considerate of them and yourself for not burdening your aging mom with this. Enjoy the rest of your life now Paula, being the person you really are. You go girl!!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika

• 374 posts
    May 26, 2007 11:03 PM BST

Ooooops, I think I might be dislexic! I used your middle name instead of your first...sorry about that Samantha...lol!!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 2463 posts
    May 27, 2007 1:05 AM BST
    Good for you Samantha. I hope this journey continues on in a positive manner.

Mere
    • 2573 posts
    May 27, 2007 4:09 AM BST
    Congratulations, Samantha.

The one thing we all have here is the knowledge that no matter how those around us react to our coming out to them, we will never be alone.
    • 2017 posts
    May 27, 2007 6:18 AM BST
    Congratulations Samantha. What a great relief it is to feel the burden of hiding ourselves away from the world lifted. And the reactions that we receive from others is usually far less extreme than what we imagined. Have fun now girl!

Nikki
    • 100 posts
    May 27, 2007 7:59 AM BST
    Great news Samantha, and congratulations to you.

Tinaxxx
  • May 27, 2007 3:22 PM BST
    Hi Samantha,
    That is great news!!! To bad you mom will never know that she has a daughter, but
    your protecting her, in her old age, shows how much you care for her.

May your life be filled with wonderful days ahead.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
  • May 29, 2007 9:25 AM BST
    Congrats

We with the ts past know that there is time when we must come out and there will be time when we go back in. Kind of. And people start to forget, or they donĀ“t know in the first place.
    I still remember the great relief after coming out at job, first to my boss, then step by step to my closest collegues. They all gave their support to me.

Laura