Up and down the voice

• June 9, 2004 9:13 AM BST
    Hehe....

I´ve been training my voice now for a couple of evenings. I start a sentence quite high, above the breaking point and then let the pitch come down a bit. That seems to work. I sound really surprisingly female. I have taken that already in use and say a smily goodmorning to the bus driver. So far nobody has said anything about my new voice at the job...well, they know I´m going through the process. So, this can be expected. Actually I have been rising my pitch gradually for a long time.

Laura
  • June 9, 2004 9:39 AM BST
    I know one ts lady here whos voice is just perfect...that is to say I would never think she is a ts, if I didn´t know. And then I know MANY whos voices are FAR from perfect.
    And I know that all of those who have a good voice, have trained much. That is something that doesn´t just fall out of the sky into your lap. The pitch is only one thing...maybe more important is the timber of the voice. The voice should be both soft and warm, not metallic as men often have it.

Laura
  • June 11, 2004 8:00 AM BST
    Today I was at the phoniatry. The guy asked me to read a text soft and loud and try to ho with a wowel as high and as low as I can. And then he measured the results. He said, my normal voice jumps all the time above the average female range and with some training I could get a good alto singing voice.
    That was nice to hear....He wrote letters to the voice therapy and adam´s apple shaving. He said he cannot see it at all, but if it annoys me, it will be operated, FREE.

Happy about the progress

Laura