Using ladies toilets

• June 16, 2004 9:21 AM BST
    How many of you use ladies toilets regularly? Do you feel relaxed there or are you afraid to be read?
    I started to use ladies side as my name changed. At first I felt a bit uncomfortable, if the room was full and there was a waiting line. But now I stand there as naturally as if I had done that all my life.

Laura
  • June 16, 2004 10:06 AM BST
    In big metropolitan areas as mine is where you travel hours from one place to another you just must go to a toilet somewehere during your downtown visit. There are free toilets in libraries and department stores, but they are all gender subdivided. The worst situation was about one year ago, in my androgyne phase. I could not actually use either toilet. Once it happened that in ladies room I was told loud that "this is ladies toilet" and in the gentlemens room "this is gentlemens toilet".

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    June 16, 2004 10:58 AM BST
    i use ladie's loo's most of the time, looks a bit strange going into a man's loo dressed as a woman. Had other ladie's look once or twice, but i just smile and carry on love JJ xx
    • 61 posts
    June 16, 2004 11:19 AM BST
    Yes, I have used the Ladies toilets in shopping centres and railways stations in the past. They are fairly impersonal places. I have not had any problems - mind you, I doubt I would if they were very busy or queued up.

love Fiona
    • 430 posts
    June 16, 2004 10:37 PM BST
    When I was in Germany last, I went to Karnival in Colonge. I was dressed as male as I get. The only thing was I had my lagre coat on which has a fur lined collar. After a few beers I had to pee. So i walked down the stairs to the mens. As I fumbled for the 50 cents for the toilet, I heard one of the attendants say to the other "she doesn't relise this is the mens"

Now my German isn't great but I looked up at the sign saying mens then at the guys stabding there having a good laugh. I quickly climbed the stairs and left. At the top of the stairs I rechecked my coins and thought about what I was about to do.

At this point I had a lady ask me if I had some change I could lend her. As I didn't I said "no" and turned for the toilet as she went to her husband for the change. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I paid my money and qued for the ladies. It was a long line [it was Karnival after all, and there were many beers drunk by all] The girls there were making polite conversation, but soon relised that my german wasn't so good! I did my business and left. Since then I haven't any problems with the ladies.

I got laughed out of the mens, so its the ladies for me!
    • 40 posts
    June 17, 2004 4:17 AM BST
    When I started living full-time 16 years ago when I would go in the ladies room my legs would shake. I guess I though I would be "caught" or something. Now I can go in most restrooms
    without any problems. I have had some trouble with pool showers
    and at places where I work. I always have problems when I try
    to find work. But I enjoy going into the women's restroom now.
    • 539 posts
    June 18, 2004 5:25 PM BST
    In public places, I have no trouble going into the women's restroom these days. Since the sex on my ID now reads "F", I am safe if someone questions me.

At work, I use a one-holer in deference to people's fears (it is a good compromise). The HR people say that after I get my surgery, I will be free to use the women's rooms there.

Heather H.
    • 2068 posts
    June 16, 2004 10:23 AM BST
    have done it once or twice while i've been out "en femme" and it hasn't bothered me one bit..lol xx
    • 2068 posts
    June 16, 2004 10:23 AM BST
    have done it once or twice while i've been out "en femme" and it hasn't bothered me one bit..lol xx
    • 2068 posts
    June 16, 2004 10:54 AM BST
    not literally in the corridor,sandra..hehehe lol maria xx
    • 1980 posts
    June 16, 2004 11:06 PM BST
    It just makes me feel weird to stand in front of the urinal with my skirt hiked up. Just one of those things, I guess.

-Joni from Oregon