Speech therapy

• June 29, 2004 5:09 AM BST
    I was wondering if any of you girls out there might be able to help me.

I'm having (and have had) a lot of trouble in trying to change my voice, even a little. I'm thinking that I may or may not be able to get a speech and language therapist from my Psych on the NHS. It would probably take a long time anyway.

So, wht I was going to do was to look up a private speech therapist on googe, and see what the cost would be. Unfortunatley, I couldn't find one in the UK. Can anybody here reccomend someone? I've seen just about every site on the subject of developing a femenine voice that Google can throw my way, but none of them are much help at the moment. I really need even just a few sessions with someone who knows what they are talking about, preferably face to face, so I can work out wher I'm going wrong etc. I never was one for even impressions, so I'm finfing this particularly difficult.
  • June 29, 2004 5:36 AM BST
    Being this far away I cannot help you directly. But I can cheer you up. The male voice actually has all the female options included. It is much more difficult for females to get a male voice, believe me or not.
    Try to go so high that your voice breaks. That is the average female level. You coud try to go above it and then let your voice come down a bit. That would be the scale...With some training you can get an acceptable voice yourself. But of course a therapist knows some extra tricks.

Laura