Uh oh....psycho ninja moments again

• 2463 posts
    November 23, 2009 11:50 PM GMT
    Girls, just when you thought it was not possible for me to get any more klutzy, in less than one day I managed to:
    1. Pull hamstrings in my left leg,
    2. Banged the hell out of my right knee (making two legs injuries in less than 12 hours),
    3. Broke the coffee pot trying to clean it; AND
    4. Accidentally pulled the towel rack off the bathroom wall.

I am still limping around and have sporadic moments where I make minor outcries of pain, which has amused many people. I had to work the U-505 yesterday and popped my knee a second time opening the hatch to the aft torpedo room.

I can't wait to hear what Lilienne is going to say about this!

I think I better get my will up-to-date.

Mere
    • 1912 posts
    November 24, 2009 1:04 AM GMT
    But Mere! What about the coffee pot, can it be repaired?
    Lots of hugs,
    Marsha
    • 157 posts
    November 24, 2009 2:45 AM GMT
    U-505! I would like the opportunity to see that, but Chicago is so far away. Oh well, you are the lucky one - even if suffering with a bout of klutzitis.

Hope you don't have to hobble around too long.

Hugs Jeri
    • 1195 posts
    November 24, 2009 6:19 PM GMT
    Gee wiz Mere, you missed your opportunity to play Captain Nemo on the U-boat.
    Just imagine the reaction you would have gotten using a crutch and swaggering around at the same time.

Coffee pots are replaceable - knees - eh.
    I think TW should take out an insurance policy on you.
    hugs
    Gracie
  • November 24, 2009 8:44 PM GMT
    Mere, you've decided to start beating on yourself ?!? I thought you only did that to museum visitors !
    • 2573 posts
    November 25, 2009 3:39 AM GMT
    The heck with the coffee pot, Marsha, can U-505 be repaired? We are lucky that Mere did not launch it, lol.

Jeri, that boat is awesome. It is a visually stunning exhibit from the outside.
    • 2017 posts
    November 25, 2009 2:29 PM GMT
    A broken coffe pot????? That's akin to treason surely? I mean, at least you have a second knee...................

I can imagine the conversation in the demergency room.................

"How did you hurt your knee?"
    "On the hatch leading into the torpedo room."
    "Wha....?"
    "On a U-boat."
    "Huh?"
    "Never mind, just fix it will you. I have to get back there"

That would give them something to talk about, or else the shrink would be popping his head around the curtain for a little 'chat'. lol

Nikki
    • 2463 posts
    November 30, 2009 11:29 PM GMT
    You're not going to believe this:

I am on campus now. Just as I was walking back to my desk, my knee popped AGAIN and was heard by all around. The funny thing? I think it popped itself back into place!

How the hell did I manage that?
  • December 1, 2009 2:58 AM GMT
    Hi Mere,
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! As for Coffee Pots, please stay away from expresso machines! Wouldn't want
    you to really get hurt with one..

It is strange how the knee goes in and out, but it is fortunate. Take care!!!

Hugz, from a sister,

MichelleLynn
  • December 2, 2009 11:43 PM GMT
    Lol Mere I can't believe I missed your thread about you being the most klutzy in one day but a least your stories were entertaining and I hope did have a good thanksgiving weekend.

With Love
    Ashley