The ID code

• July 1, 2004 6:51 AM BST
    Hi girls

I live a funny life with a female name and a male ID code. That is a part of our system, you are supposed to live your RLE through that way. Then you get your new female ID code and the female status. So, I feel like being on a probation. Authorities still have their hand on me and theoretically could stop my process. It makes me a bit nervous, or let´s put it that way that I sure will feel relaxed after having got the new ID code.
    The contradiction between my name and ID code is clear to anyone looking at my documents. It happens in banks and border checkpoints. And it annoys me.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    July 1, 2004 8:40 AM BST
    Laura
    That must be so fustrating, i can only imagine how that must feel, How long will it be before they will give you a female I.D card? and can they really stop the process, that seem's like some sort of supression to me. I hope it all hurrys up for you soon love JJ xx
  • July 1, 2004 9:23 AM BST
    I guess I just have the feeling they could stop it, but actually that never happens. If I live a normal woman´s life, what reason could they have? To check my proceeding I must see them once a month and they make questions concerning my job, family and social life. And so far my life has only improved on those sectors. This "probation period" lasts about one year. I got my name last January, now they promised me my ID "at the end of the year".

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    July 1, 2004 9:32 AM BST
    Laura
    don't you find that a bit impersonal when they ask all those questions? love JJ xx