Telling Children

• 1198 posts
    July 25, 2004 4:14 PM BST
    Ok if this has been asked before...Sorry!!!
    Right we have all said about coming out to friend's relative's and work colleagues, But what about those of us who have children?
    I mean do we tell them to get it of our chest's? Do we not tell them in case they hate us for it? If we do tell them how do we approach the subject? Little peeps of all ages have a uncanny way of noticing little detail's, so how do we prepare for that senario and out of the blue questions?....Love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 25, 2004 4:56 PM BST
    Hi Sarah
    That must have been a difficult one for you, i have read your thread it isn't that i am going to tell my kids yet. I just wondered how we go about approaching the subject, but thank you anyway Sarah......love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 25, 2004 5:34 PM BST
    Out of the mouths of babe's a Gloria, i do like that phrase "i'm a special lady" kids are our world and i guess we should treat them with a lttle bit more credit than they show sometimes....Love JJ xx
    • 124 posts
    July 30, 2004 1:29 PM BST
    my hubby had bin trying to decide weither to tell our kids or not. we talked lnog and hard about it for a while, then decided to tell the youngest one, donna, while we were on holiday, it was near her 21 b/d. we made a joke of it at first saying that he was having an affair and i xdressed, but then we told the truth, she wasnt too happy at first, but has got used to the idea, and now makes jokes about it. then wen the other daughter, tasha moved back home, it made things hard, he really didnt want her to no, but he was never getting the chance to dress because she was her all the time, so i took the plunge and told her, like wise, she didnt like the idea, but at least they now both no and understand. the one thing is, they have not seen him dressed and dont want to, which is fine by him.
    if u go to www.transformations.co.uk gallery 47 page 13, u'll see him, (denise)
    • 1198 posts
    July 30, 2004 1:50 PM BST
    I think it is going to be easier to tell my children at a younger age than it would at an adult age. It would be an advantage as (a) they would not of grown up with the discrimmination and hatered for TV's/TS'S and (b) over the years they would grow to know the other side of dad.Maybe i am wrong or maybe i am right, but it is something not to be taken lightly.....love JJ xx