A guy following you

• July 26, 2004 5:49 AM BST
    Hi girls

Last saturday it was a wonderful warm evening in Helsinki. I just walked around downtown and had in mind to sit down somewhere on a bar terrace. While I was wondering if I enter or not a certain place, some foreign, not at all bad looking guy, came to me and asked in English "Excuse me, you look so elegant, from which country are you from?". I gave him a short smile, said "Finland", turned around and left. After twenty minutes I sat down at another place...and the I saw the same guy passing me, smiling at me. I looked at him...probably not smiled. But the man turned around and entered the bar. And sat down at the next table. I was in panic, I know it is crazy, but I really panicked. At my table there were two free chairs, but he did not have the courage to come over and join me, just observed me from a two meters distance. I tried not to look at him. Then a couple asked if the chairs are free, I said yes, and got a drunk finnish guy next to me who just smiled at me and said "You are lucky to have me next to you". Both the man and the woman had no manners, smoked without asking me permission...and so on.
    I felt not happy at all...drank my cider and left the place.
    And didn´t look back if the foreign guy is still after me.

Laura
  • July 26, 2004 12:58 PM BST
    Again I promised to myself not to go out alone. Of course, you can do it, but then you must count with this kind of things. Women look at you as a possible concurrence and guys try to get you.

Laura
  • July 27, 2004 4:56 AM BST
    Oh you put that in the exact words Tiina. You are RIGHT. I have often wondered how on earth being drunk is an EXCUSE for stupidity.
    And about me....I try to be more careful. I know some judo, though...

Laura
    • 2068 posts
    July 26, 2004 12:27 PM BST
    i bet you were scared,with this bloke following you!! and as for these other two,well some people have no manners do they. love and xxxx maria