Came out to sister first!

• December 9, 2011 3:32 AM GMT

Hi Ladies!

Came out to my sister in N.C. on last Sunday by calling her. We talked for two hours we were always close so I wanted to tell her first.  Which went very well she just wants me happy and alive it does not matter what gender I am. My wife's family all knows most talk to me but don't except that I am going to transition into a woman. So my mom was going to be at my sister's house yesterday, so I emailed my mother to time it when she was there and also emailed my brother the same letter explaining my feelings and intentions on transitioning for over 43 years of knowing and hiding who I am just to pretend to be a male was litterually killing me. My mom called tonight and said she loved me, care about me, wanted me happy and alive. We talked for 45 mins.. My brother don't know yet.

Hugs

Trisha 

• December 9, 2011 1:28 PM GMT
    Congratulations Trisha,
    I'm sure you feel a whole lot better. I think it's best to be honest about yourself with those you love and love you.
  • December 9, 2011 6:32 PM GMT
    Hi Trisha,
    Great that you have a supportive sister. Wish you the best as you navigate your transition with the rest of the family. oxoxox Michelle Lynn
    • 65 posts
    December 9, 2011 7:53 PM GMT
    Hi Trisha,

Many congratulations on your good news. it feels great when a loved one gives you the response you so crave. after so many years hiding your true self it gives your soul such a lift.
    I wish you all the best for the future and here's to impending womanhood and whether your brother accepts or not it doesn't stop you loving him any less. x
    best wishes hun and have a great xmas
    Faye x
  • December 22, 2011 6:45 PM GMT
    Thats great now you have a supportive sister