How I came out

• December 22, 2011 6:56 PM GMT

How I came out was such an easy thing for me.My GG friends knew that I wanted to be a girl and started dressing me up and I was  hooked and from there I knew this is what I wanted.From there it was full time for me and decided to get laser and breast implants and went on hormones and lately had SRS surgery and I turned out to be a beautiful woman I always wanted to be.

• December 22, 2011 7:07 PM GMT
    Gorgeous picture!

Is that a representation of you in like a CG image? It's stunning!
    • 65 posts
    December 24, 2011 12:09 AM GMT

Hi Jennifer, I always love to hear a happy story of someones successful transition. Most find it hard to reconcile with loved ones and relatives. Also coming out in the work place is something many Transsexuals have to deal with and are too afraid to. My own experience has taught me that life rarely goes how you expect it but often it twists in unexpected and amazing ways.

In your case you seem to have had the life you always wanted, which is lovely. You had very good friends to help you. Coming out is always fraught with dangers and emotional hardships and support is important. How did your parents/family react? did you have any real issues coming out to them? i find it helps other members to understand just how important this subject is. i, for one, have always struggled with my gender identity and the ability to talk to my parents. its a subject many feel is to hard to handle and many often live lives unfulfilled. I hope you find many friends here on GS and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. thank you for posting your coming out experienceHugs Faye x

This post was edited by Faye Morrow at December 24, 2011 12:12 AM GMT
    • 30 posts
    January 5, 2012 1:31 PM GMT
    Really interesting article and a real button pusher - I am on the other side of the fence, and have found myself having to defend a way of life I had no real in-depth knowledge/experience of ... which is why I originally joined. Why do I have to defend others when they are usually quite capable? Well people are strange beasts, they find it easier to talk about you than to you - they squirrel away minuscule half-truths which they imagine to be 'dark secrets' and hold onto because it gives them the illusion of having the power they feel is missing in their everyday lives ... Why watch people basking in the warmth of shared friendship and community when you can be a moron and p*ss on their fire? Answers on the back of postage stamp.
    Puerile curiosity also comes into play, what is it like to kiss a trans gender - you can try explaining that that is the wrong question, but you could easily be wasting your time. Typical public reaction is epitomized Ms K. Osbourn, uninformed, ill considered and thoughtless, intent is hardly ever disputed as (out of court) it is almost irrelevant/impossible to prove! If you believe in something and someone then it is worth fighting for - the process of struggle is not pleasant but it does make you a stronger person ... My compliments to you Jennifer your positive affirming account of coming out, an exceptionally positive and affirming account, with the emphasis on exceptional, for not everyone is so confident, lucky and self-aware. Everyone is beautiful in their own way - they just don't always get the opportunity to be whom and what they want to be ... but having said that they are still beautiful.