Proposed Adult Education Course for Trans people

• 51 posts
    July 31, 2012 12:05 AM BST

Hi,

The thousands of avid readers of my posts - OK the few readers of my posts will know that I have been endlessly going on about the long wait times for appointments at some GICs, the lack of support in some areas and the low priority given to trans issues by some Community Health Service Trusts. In attempt to try to do something about this I today asked the Health and Wellbeing Coordinator at my local County Council Adult and Community Education Service whether they would be interested in putting on course for trans people in the Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire area. It wouldn't be a traditional teacher at the front and sit and listen at desks type of course but a series of workshops to improve health and wellbeing for trans people in the area. Ideas I suggested were: maintaining healthy lifestyles, relaxation techniques, weight, diet, fitness, self esteem, improving mental wellbeing, assertiveness, fashion and style on a budget and much more.

The response I got was that they were very interested and although budgets are tight and largely allocated for the year there may be sufficient to do this if there were around 10 -12 participants and oh would I plan and deliver some or all of it.

So ... is anyone interested and if you aren't do you know someone who is? Further suggestions are welcome as is constructive criticism - nothing too robust though you don't want my tears wrecking my laptop.

Thanks - I look forward to hearing from you,

Nell