Meeting the prime minister

• August 13, 2004 5:47 AM BST
    Hi girls

Just came back from the two-days urban planning seminar. I even met our prime minister, who came to open the seminar. A good job for a t-woman, right? To meet the prime minister dressed and pass. We were about 60 people altogether and I continued my policy that I´m not going to tell to anyone that I used to be that and that...Those who knew me as Laura said hi to me and others didn´t. In the second morning already more people greeted me, because they knew me from the previous day. I guess, that´s the way it goes. You must set yourself through as a new person...even to the old business friends.
    Only 5 people knew my background, to others I was just a tall architect woman standing in waiting line for the ladies´loo with other women. That facility is certainly not well dimensioned in that place...actually in most places.

Laura
  • August 13, 2004 5:56 AM BST
    Maybe I must explain that there are three groups of people:

- Those who know me as Laura and know my background. A steady size of group, no more growing.

- Those who know me as Laura, no idea of my background. A quickly growing group.

- Those who know me as male and not recognizing me any more. A group getting smaller with time.

Laura
  • August 13, 2004 8:25 AM BST
    Yes, the first group, people who know about my past and accept me as Laura are all, with the exception of my ex, very supportive and friendly. They say I´m now a better version of myself.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    August 13, 2004 8:39 AM BST
    Hi Laura,
    Wow what a feeling, you meet the priminster and she see's you only as a woman. That must have felt wonderful for i am so pleased. The only way is upwards and forwards now, brilliant news Laura......love JJ xx
  • August 13, 2004 12:26 PM BST
    I myself figure it out so, that when they see that I´m serious, open, happy and definitely more myself than before...they just cannot help accepting me.
    Who wouldn´t accept a person who is clearly just herself?

Laura