My Daddy

• 1198 posts
    August 19, 2004 3:52 PM BST
    Hi Shadow,
    its funny but all parents(especaily mum's) think when you come out your going to say your gay/lesbian, but as this was said on another thread its different generations. Hope you are able to tell them soon and in your own way, keep us informed.....love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    August 13, 2004 5:22 PM BST
    Hi all
    well today i had the most amazing expierence, as you know my mum knows all about me and has been really good about it. Well i was dreading telling my dad i knew he would flip, I got a phone call this morning from my dad i said hello and my dads voice said "hello J, how are you".
    I thought OMG i asked how he new and he replied you ought to wipe the computer, he then went on to say how he still loves me and he will never leave me in the cold.......so i cried and we said ta ra. So i have my daddy supporting me now and i am happy bunny........love JJ xx
    • 614 posts
    August 13, 2004 5:49 PM BST
    congratualiations julie thats fab news darlin , im happy for you babes
    • 1198 posts
    August 13, 2004 11:15 PM BST
    Hi all
    thank you all for your words they mean a great deal as does the love of my daddy........big hugz and kisses to my two Sister's in the USA love ya both.........love JJ xx
    • 1198 posts
    August 16, 2004 9:14 AM BST
    Hi all
    an update for you all i went to see my mum and dad yesterday and yes as me JJ. The reaction was wonderful no nastyness and no comments, my dad was so cool it was unreal. The only thing that let it down was both mum and dad called me by my male name, but this is not a problem for the moment as it will take time.....love JJ xx
  • August 16, 2004 9:22 AM BST
    Julie...don´t take that hard. It will take some time before they can accept your female name. And that doesn´t mean thet they wouldn´t accept you...just relax and give them the time.

Laura
    • 1198 posts
    August 16, 2004 9:47 AM BST
    Thanx Laura,
    i wont take it hard, i will bide my time....thanx for the advice xx......love JJ xx
    • 614 posts
    August 16, 2004 10:43 AM BST
    thats super news julie
    • 1198 posts
    August 17, 2004 8:29 AM BST
    Hi Sandra,
    thanx for those words, i know it will take time for them to adjust and i am not going to rush them. It was funny i was expecting my dad to explode but quite the opposite happened.
    It seem's as if he is accepting it better then my mum is, i suppose my mum carried me and gave birth to a boy and all she can see is her boy and it must hurt a great deal to see me change from who she gave birth to.
    On the brother side of thing's it will take our kid a little while longer to accept as he is in a male world all the time the army. But i hope he will soon as he know's i woukld do anything to help him.......love JJ xx
  • August 18, 2004 6:05 PM BST
    I am so happy things seem to be working out for you. Its good to hear good news like that.
    the best to you and for you
    Hugs
    Sharon:)
  • August 19, 2004 3:46 PM BST
    Hey J,this is wonderful,I wish my parents were the same!At the moment,I'm very far from telling them that I want an operation,they don't even know about my desires!They're so traditional and catholic(once my mum said that to her homosexuals must be either ill or perverse
    Sigh,
    Shadow
  • August 19, 2004 4:06 PM BST
    Hey J.,
    thank you very much for your supportive words:I think I'll be back here soon,as I don't have anyone(except for one friend)I can freely talk to about this matter.
    cheers,
    Shadow
    • 456 posts
    August 13, 2004 6:21 PM BST
    Fantastic news JJ just wish everyone was as caring
    • 1980 posts
    August 13, 2004 9:44 PM BST
    JJ, hon, there's an email on the way. I'm so happy for you. You must be walking on air about now. What a wonderful feeling to know that something you dreaded doing was already done and that instead of dread it's joy and relief for you now.

Your parents are wonderful people. And you are, too, sis.

Hugs, Joni

Shoot now I'm crying.
    • 2573 posts
    August 13, 2004 10:01 PM BST
    JJ, I finished crying over your blog. Just want to say, ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny (that'll teach u to use Latin, JJ). You are a great person cause your mom and dad are great people. If I was there I would give your dad a great big hug and tell him I wish he was my dad too.
    • 2068 posts
    August 16, 2004 9:45 AM BST
    That really is wonderful news JJ,i'm so happy for you honey Love and xxxx maria
    • 2573 posts
    August 20, 2004 9:39 AM BST
    I can remember when I didn't want people to think I was gay because I was a nurse. Wow, good thing I was careful cause now they won't get confused by my being a girl. ROTFLMAO. I'm glad I got all that crap out of my head before I found out I was TG cause the guilt would have been awsome otherwise. Anyway, Julie, you ARE lesbian, aren't you? Oh, you didn't tell your parents that yet...

JJ, my mom used to call me by every name in the family except mine...my brothers, the dogs, she still does. I have the same glitch and it takes me 6 months to stop calling my ggfriends by my ex's name, or "Mom" or something equally inappropriate. Same genetic glitch as my mom had...guess that's why I have at least some of my brain functioning girly...got it from Mom. Hey, mom, if you don't like my being a girl, recall me to correct certain manufacturer's defects. Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny...there I go again with the Latin or Greek or whatever...I forget, lol. Seriously, JJ, at least you don't get called "Spot". They will adjust. Habits die hard.

If your dad keeps up his current run of being super I may have to kiss him in addition to a hug....and sit on his lap. Oh, better wear a schoolgirl uniform so I don't make ur mom jealous.
    "Down, Spot, Bad girl, bad, get off my husband's lap" Bah!

Wendo