Problems?

• 77 posts
    May 6, 2013 9:11 PM BST

In transition there are always problems that occur. I'm new to this whole transitioning and even I'm facing problems. I had trouble finding a counselor to write up a letter saying I'm transgender. Which is actually the wrong term its transsexual. Then I had trouble finding a doctor willing to even prescribe hormone therapy even with the letter. Once I found one I came down with a horrible illness that made it nearly impossible for me to function. Then I found out the veterans system in the USA will cover the cost of my hormone therapy which is good, but came with additional problems.

Yes veterans medical will cover the cost, but like everything in the military it is a slow process. I have had to do blood work, sleep tests and a few other tests not to mention wait for each appointment which is spaced so far apart it makes you feel like you’re never going to get started. Good news it they are making sure that everything is safe. Bad news is that it takes forever.

Passing is another problem for me. If i wear baggy clothes that drown me I can easily pass. I tried to bind, but even when binding I look like I have a C. Not to mention binders are not good to wear while working out and when it gets hot it makes it more uncomfortable and makes my anxiety act up. I can't legally use the men’s restroom because if I get found out it is 2 years on probation.

These are some problems I have encountered so far and I’m just beginning the process. Tell us what problems you have faced during your transition or attempt to transition.