Easiest 'Coming out' imaginable!

• 12 posts
    March 11, 2014 7:06 AM GMT

I always KNEW something was -different- about me... but honestly I figured EVERYONE felt that way. It was that idea that kept me from talking about it. It's like 'bathroom stuff', everyone does it, but you don't talk about it in polite company. My girlfriend of 10 years finds out I have been stashing womens clothes/wigs/make-up in secret. She already knew about some of it... but not the full extent of it until about a year ago. She suggests I talk to a therapist and find out what's 'going on' with me.

A few months go by and my therapist is convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have gender identity dysphoria. We discuss it at length, and I finally understand. It was like someone opened the curtains, and I could finally see myself in the mirror clearly for the very first time. I tell my girlfriend... she is unsurprised... unhappy, but unsurprised.

In an effort to smooth things along, I take care of all the medical stuff myself, and my girlfriend decides that she will break the news to the kids. We have 4 boys, ranging from 19 to 5 years old, and she wanted to explain things to them gradually and invite them to talk to me if they had any questions. I began seeing an endocrinologist to get my hormones started. Things were finally beginning to make sense to me.

That was almost 9 months ago, and I have come out to my friends, parents, my boss... it just keeps getting easier. It's become as easy as telling someone I bought a new hat. I have done it enough, that is just seems so casual now... although I tend to smile a LOT when I do it. I don't think out of embarassment or because I feel weird... I think it's just because now I am OUT, and it's just a good feeling, you know?

I have made the decision to officially COME OUT to the general public, and go FULL TIME at the 1 year mark... Probably around the beginning of July this summer. I am giddy with the excitement of it all, and I can't wait! I already informed my boss of my decision and my family is very supportive. Aside from a few speed bumps, and snags along the way... it's has got to be a record for the worlds easiest 'coming out' in history. LOL

• March 13, 2014 12:09 AM GMT
    Lunari Natsume said:

I always KNEW something was -different- about me... but honestly I figured EVERYONE felt that way. It was that idea that kept me from talking about it. It's like 'bathroom stuff', everyone does it, but you don't talk about it in polite company. My girlfriend of 10 years finds out I have been stashing womens clothes/wigs/make-up in secret. She already knew about some of it... but not the full extent of it until about a year ago. She suggests I talk to a therapist and find out what's 'going on' with me.

A few months go by and my therapist is convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have gender identity dysphoria. We discuss it at length, and I finally understand. It was like someone opened the curtains, and I could finally see myself in the mirror clearly for the very first time. I tell my girlfriend... she is unsurprised... unhappy, but unsurprised.

In an effort to smooth things along, I take care of all the medical stuff myself, and my girlfriend decides that she will break the news to the kids. We have 4 boys, ranging from 19 to 5 years old, and she wanted to explain things to them gradually and invite them to talk to me if they had any questions. I began seeing an endocrinologist to get my hormones started. Things were finally beginning to make sense to me.

That was almost 9 months ago, and I have come out to my friends, parents, my boss... it just keeps getting easier. It's become as easy as telling someone I bought a new hat. I have done it enough, that is just seems so casual now... although I tend to smile a LOT when I do it. I don't think out of embarassment or because I feel weird... I think it's just because now I am OUT, and it's just a good feeling, you know?

I have made the decision to officially COME OUT to the general public, and go FULL TIME at the 1 year mark... Probably around the beginning of July this summer. I am giddy with the excitement of it all, and I can't wait! I already informed my boss of my decision and my family is very supportive. Aside from a few speed bumps, and snags along the way... it's has got to be a record for the worlds easiest 'coming out' in history. LOL

I just need to move this link