Coming out, again

• 30 posts
    March 24, 2014 9:44 AM GMT

I came out as transgender a little over a year ago to my circle of friends and place of employment.  That wasn't too big a deal, a non-event type of happening.

This wekend,  I will be allowing the rest of society meet Bobbi. Compass, a gender support organization in Lake Worth, Florida, is having their annual Pride Fest, and the head of the organization has asked me to be at the front gate and work as a greeter.  Neat!  A Gruetter working as a greeter. This will be the first time I have been around this many people, a little exciting.

I have been told by my therapist that I am an activist and an advocate for my community.  I also like to exercise my vocal chords, sometimes a bit to much. Hope I don't wear out my welcome as a welcoming host.

If anyone is in the area, this weekend, I promise it will be a lot of fun.  And if you should see a girl at the fromt gate wearing a pink US Navy ballcap or a blue US Navy veteran cap, please stop and say HI.  Promise not to talk your ears off.

Bobbi 

This post was edited by Bobbi gruetter at March 24, 2014 9:46 AM GMT
    • 2017 posts
    May 7, 2014 3:41 PM BST

Hey Bobbi, 

You never put up another post to tell us how the weekend went! We're still waiting..............

• 30 posts
    May 12, 2014 1:17 PM BST

So sorry about not blabbing to everyone about our Pride Fest weekend.  It was possibly tthe most fun and most rewarding weekend I have had since starting my transition.  Saturday was sort of a break-in day, crowds not so bad because of working folks, so I was able to get used to my duties.  Over all, day one was a learning experience and just a good time to be me.  Met lots of people from the area and said hi to at least half the folks who came through the gate.( the other half went through the other entry gate.

Sunday I got there 1-1/2 hours early, thinking I would be able to see some of the festival befor starting again.  Was I wrong As I got there they already had 500 or so people waiting to come in, so I just jumped into the same job I did on Saturday.  Talked to some members of Compass as they came through, and had a lot of the gender support group from our local VA find me just to say Hi.  Was also able to meet a bunch of VA staff members that I have wanted to meet.  Heard a lot of great entertainment but was not able to see any.  Did get to walk around a little and saw a lot of support organizations represented, plus a ton of folks there with stuff to sell.  Just like most fairs and festivals.  About 4:00 in the afternoon I finally lost my voice.  Just overused it and she locked up.

Was able to actually talk to a few and geve them capsules of me.  Made a few new  friends and, all in all, a really great weekend.  Already planning on volunteering for next years.  Too much fun not to.

Now that I have talked your ears off, I want to thank you for being interested enough to ask.

Bobbi