When not to skimp...

• 26 posts
    July 16, 2014 4:19 PM BST

I find buy cheap, buy twice really applies in the case of tights and stockings.

Any one else have something they just wouldn't buy cheap versions of?

Sarah x

• 1652 posts
    July 16, 2014 11:22 PM BST
    Cheap tights tend to be scratchy and horrible, and rarely last as long. Pretty Polly are one of my favourites. I usually go for a higher denier too, less prone to laddering.
    A good lippy will last me 6 months or more, so I never buy cheap stuff. Clinique "Long Last" does what it says it does. The Body shop have some good ones too.
    Same goes for foundation, find one that works with your skin, hugely important. Bourjois or nothing for me.
    And coffee; instant - no no no. Java beans please.
    Oh and frozen peas, Bird's Eye not supermarket brand bullets.
    I could probably go on, not that I'm fussy or anything...
    xx
  • July 17, 2014 7:42 AM BST

I always try and buy good quality stockings (my preference) and makeup as well.  I find makeup is so important in creating a convincing feminine appearance.  And my wig of course.  I wouldn't look out of the window without my makeup and wig firmly on!

• 2358 posts
    July 17, 2014 4:40 PM BST

Fogel tights,  for winter, I buy a couple of pairs each year,  Some of them I have had for 8 years.  yes they cost around 30 quid, but they are so comfy and fashionable.   They do some around the 200 quid mark, bit beyond my means.   I do tend to buy cheaper fashion hold ups for special occasions,  Lipsticks, depend on what's in vouge at the time, without being outrageous.    Cleansers, toners, foundations general makeup I use Clarins.   On the Clarins site you will find a small video of how to apply each product, for maximum effect.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at July 17, 2014 5:20 PM BST
    • 26 posts
    July 17, 2014 7:03 PM BST

I have to agree with you all on make up, My foundation of choice being Chanel Vitalumiere. Great coverage for a powder and it's not too heavy. At £39 a go it's not the cheapest but one pot usually lasts me a year.

Sarah x