To wig cap or not to wig cap

• September 21, 2004 9:56 AM BST
    Should a wig cap be used? I have short hair and it was my impression that a wig cap was only used for someone with longish hair. Are there benefits for wearing a cap, if so, what are they? I would be interested to hear any views on this.

Jen
  • October 6, 2004 3:32 AM BST
    I give my eyes a face lift my placing some tape just under my hair line and pull it up and tape it on the wig cap. I achive a higher brow that way and some other corrections. So that is the benifit I see for the wig cap. I also make the wig cap by cutting old stockings - Lynn
  • September 21, 2004 10:04 AM BST
    I find that a cap is a great way to keep straggly hair out of the way while you're putting on your make-up, apart from that I haven't noticed any difference with or without but my hair is a lot shorter these days than it used to be.

Cx

• 2573 posts
    October 7, 2004 12:06 AM BST
    Some girls have used a skin colored stocking to pull back the forehead skin under the wig cap. I tried it and got a terrible, terrible headache, probably had it too tight. It did look better, though....I"m not THAT willing to suffer to look good.