low level hormone usage?

• September 22, 2004 5:09 PM BST
    Can using smaller amounts regularly cause less dramatic changes? I'd like to be at least more androgenous, but am worried that the changes will be too noticable if I wish to function mostly as a man. Is there a happy medium that can be achieved, that's easy to make undetectible? My other question is, can the effects be completely reversed by simpley discontinuing hormone treatments?
  • September 26, 2004 5:00 AM BST
    Thank you for that post. I've been meaning to reply, but got caught up alot in researching hormones on the internet. I'm thinking that, at least at this point, they aren't for me. What I'm probably more interested in for now is some permanent hair removal. But what I'm still curious about are the creams. Are their effects more localized, as in that they only effect the areas that you apply them to? And are the effects less permanent, if not completely reversable?
  • September 26, 2004 6:21 AM BST
    Thank you again. Sounds like the more practical way would be to take them is orally, or by injection.

Any comments on black cohosh, etc? Are the effects any less permanent, and are they any safer? Thank you in advance.
  • September 26, 2004 8:05 AM BST
    Erika,

Thank you so much for all the info. Is it possible to take the daily 1-mg's of estrofem and stop using it at any time? Also, would body chemistry re-adjust itself and get you back to "normal" if you discontinue it?
    • 1198 posts
    September 29, 2004 12:10 PM BST
    Couldn't agree more with you both, the transformation creams have very little or no affect what so ever. You read the label and you belive that that is actually working for you.......love JJ xx
    • 1652 posts
    September 26, 2004 4:07 PM BST
    Sandra
    If anti-androgens should not be taken with estradiol, and testo levels may squash the effects of estradiol, how should testo levels be reduced?
    I currently take spironalactone, and oestrogen in a drop form, which has had positive effects on me though nothing too drastic, perhaps such as Penny is looking for. However I'm looking at changing the form of oestrogen, or moving on to estradiol; any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    In conjuction with the above I have tried some of the creams that are supposed to reduce hair growth, but with no noticeable effects.
    • 1652 posts
    September 27, 2004 5:23 PM BST
    Erika (and Sandra)
    For the last 6 months I have been taking 100mg spiro daily, as well as oestrogen. The oestrogen (from Transformation) comes in drops that you put on your tongue. It does not say on the bottle what the exact amount of oestrogen is contained in it. As directed I take 4 drops in the morning and 4 at night. I have noticed some changes, softer skin, more breast tissue, but I would like to go onto something more "serious".
    Of course I know that "home-made HRT" is not ideal, but I am very careful, and would like advice from knowledgeable people such as yourselves on what would be a safe, but effective regime. I'd like to rid myself of body and facial hair entirely and realise that electrolysis may be the best way to do this. I'd really like bigger hips too! I also have troublesome skin, prone to spots, and I think the spiro may have aggravated this, though perhaps that won't continue indefinitely. Would estradiol help my skin? Would anti-androgens be more effective than the spiro? I appreciate all your comments.
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    September 28, 2004 9:34 PM BST
    i have quite blonde hair, i've heard that laser isn't effective. i wonder if the transformation creams i've tried in conjuction with spiro (or anti-androgens in the past) are also less effective with blonde hair