A good moisteriser

• October 15, 2004 5:40 PM BST
    Hi Girls
    Just a quick note to say that I have found a really good moisteriser. Its called St Ives Swiss Formula 24 Hour body lotion.
    Its not expensive but I have found it really good. Im a GG and I used to get shaving rash on my legs but I have found if you either shower or bath first then shave and moisterise afterwards it helps to eleviate a rash. Anyway I havent got shares in this company just in case you wonder why Im plugging it. Just trying to help really.
    Take care my friends
    Dorothy
  • October 15, 2004 6:42 PM BST
    Thanks Joni
    I didnt know about the cold water. That has solved a problem for me. Ta very much I will try it.
    Love Dorothy
  • October 16, 2004 9:43 PM BST
    Hi Daniel
    Thanks for your tips, i will try some of those creams.
    For really shiny straight hair always use conditioner then you need to rinse and rinse and then when you think you,ve rinsed your hair enough rinse it some more.Dont rub your hair too much with a towel, dab it to a drip free state.If you haven,t already got one, treat yourself to a really good pair of ceramic straighteners. There is a product that you spray on your hair to protect it before straightening and dont keep the heat in one place for too long or you will damage your hair,keep the tongs moving down towards the ends then you will have shiny straight hair. Apologies if Im telling you what you already know.
    Love and best wishes Dorothy xx
    • 1198 posts
    October 19, 2004 11:53 PM BST
    I find nivea intensive care is a real good moisturiser, after a nice hot bath put that on and your body feels smooth as silk.....love JJ xx
  • November 2, 2004 4:19 PM GMT
    Hi Joni Marie and Lucy
    Very glad to be of help. Joni Marie you have obviously been using it on your legs, they look good in the picture.

Love Dorothy
  • November 3, 2004 7:35 PM GMT
    Hi Joni
    Hee Hee
    Love Dorothy
    • 1980 posts
    October 15, 2004 5:59 PM BST
    Hi Dorothy-

Thank you so much for the nice tip. As it happens I'm nearly out of my usual post shower basting solution<lol> so I'll look for the St Ives and give it a try. Always so nice to get help and ideas from the g-girls on the list.

I've also read that a cold water rinse off after shaving will help prevent ingrown hairs. Yikes! Haven't tried it, but if nothing else you would be wide awake for awhile.

Hugs, Joni
    • 2573 posts
    October 17, 2004 12:21 AM BST
    Benzyl Peroxide 5% for pimples. It will increase the problem for the first month...don't dispair, it is only accelerating the already present pimples not visible yet. Then it will clear and your complexion will usually be much improved after the pre-treatment pores clear. I worked with adolescent patients for years and learned a lot helping them. My ex had it at 40 and it cleared her face. The 10% may be too harsh, so don't try it until you have been on the 5% for about 6 weeks without relief. It can give you a rash. It should be at your local pharmacy/chemists.
    • 1980 posts
    October 17, 2004 5:48 PM BST
    Hi Danielle-

My son is 16 and has problems with his complexion also. The doctor recently put him on antibiotics (I can't remember what the name was and the bottle is in his room, where I never, never go. Talk about toxic! I'm surprised the EPA hasn't sent over a squad with full Class 3 HAZMAT suits). Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, I don't know how long you've been on oral antibiotics, but my son's doc said it would be at least 3 months before any noticeable results, so if you've been on it less than that, maybe you just need more time. If you've been on it longer, perhaps you need a different antibiotic.

Back to shaving, yes, the cold water thing is a real waker-uppper, especially in the morning. You do kind of get used to it. It also helps in shaving (if you do) certain areas of the body that g-girls don't need to worry about. It helps certain parts withdraw, so to speak, and makes a smoother area for shaving. Am I being too graphic here? Some girls don't shave that area and some do, so the cold water thing really helps if you do. It's like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, it feels soooo good when you stop. And no, I don't think you should hit yourself with a hammer in the area under discussion, no matter how unhappy you are with that particular area.

Also using a really good exfoliant on a regular basis, like every time you shave, seems to help some, too. Good luck, smooth sailing!

Hugs, Joni
    • 1980 posts
    October 20, 2004 1:36 AM BST
    JJ-

You, tease. Love those boots.

Hugs, Joni
    • 1980 posts
    November 1, 2004 8:16 PM GMT
    Hi Dorothy-

Just wanted to second your recommendation after giving it a try for a little over a week now. The store I got it at had 3 or 4 different St Ives lotions, I got the one for extra dry skin since I figured it would help especially during this time of year when it's so cold and dry. I really like it, the price is reasonable and it feels very nice. The kind I got says unscented but it has a very faint and pleasant scent sort of herb like smell.

Thanks again for the tip and I would certainly suggest that if someone's looking for a good moisturizer at a decent price they should give it a try.

Hugs, Joni
    • 1652 posts
    November 2, 2004 1:12 AM GMT
    Dorothy thanks for your tip, and Joni thanks for seconding it. It must be worth a try.
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    November 3, 2004 6:29 PM GMT
    Hi Dorothy-

Thank you for the sweet compliment! I think I'm blushing.

Hugs, Joni