Changing Face

• April 1, 2005 5:01 AM BST
    Just wanted to pass along a comment I had today. This afternoon I saw someone I haven't seen in awhile, as soon as he saw me he said that it looked like I put on some weight. In reality I have lost about 5 pounds since I saw him. When he said that a coworker agreed with him saying my face seemed rounder. I have been on hormones for a little over a year now, I know my fat has changed locations, my butt is bigger and so are my thighs, however I never noticed the changes in my face and neck.... I guess looking at my face each day and the gradual change makes it hard for me to see. Can Hormones affect the face shape?
    Thanks
    Sandi
  • April 1, 2005 8:25 AM BST
    Exactly as Sandra said. I have now over 2 years on hormones and I see my therapist only once in 2 months or so. Every time we meet she claims I have changed 1) younger 2) more feminine 3) more beautiful. I notice myself nothing and blush of course on her words.

Laura
  • April 4, 2005 4:14 PM BST
    I just find it so amazing that the changes are so slow and so minute that you don't notice them.... Then someone who hasn't seen you in awhile can detect them almost instantly.
    Makes me wonder what they think of the changes to me that I do notice
  • April 4, 2005 9:00 PM BST
    I know, isn't that amazing... I have had comments from "have you lost weight" "Have you gained some weight" to "you look younger"
    I just say that I haven't been doing anything special..
  • April 6, 2005 4:16 AM BST
    Im amazed HRT can change your facial features that much.
    Not something to take lightly though.
    • 1652 posts
    April 3, 2005 3:19 PM BST
    Younger, more feminine, more beautiful... your therapist knows how to make a woman feel good Laura!
    A few people have told me I look younger, some strangers have even commented that I look like a woman (I don't really, I think it's just the hair), but my family don't seem to notice any changes, and I certainly haven't.
    Maybe my face is changing slightly, I certainly hope so.
    xx