Young trasitioner,please help!I'm scared

• 16 posts
    June 28, 2005 10:49 PM BST
    Hi, I'm 20 and i'm new on this forum but maybe someone can help me. I started homones about 3-4 weeks ago, but really small dose, o.6 mg Primarin and some spiro, and jsut recently my nipples started to hurt really bad, I can't even take off my shirt coz it rubs the skin, and irritates it, i can't even touch them coz of pain//? it's that bad. I'm scared/...
    • 16 posts
    June 29, 2005 12:56 AM BST
    Thanks
    • 16 posts
    June 29, 2005 5:57 AM BST
    Thank you so much, I'm actually running out of premarin, I got those two packs back in Europe and no one asks for prescription there even in the biggest pharmacies so now that i'm here I dont know where to get it without everyone knowing about it...
    • 16 posts
    June 29, 2005 1:36 PM BST
    Which drug would be better in this respect?
  • June 29, 2005 2:12 PM BST
    Ariel,

Can't help with the medications but I will stress the importance of medical supervision. These are powerful steroids you are taking and can have devastating side effects.

Please consult your doctor and tell him or her what you are doing so you can do it safely.

Alex
    xxx
  • July 14, 2006 5:31 AM BST
    You are very fortunate to start young! The pain will go away shortly. Good luck.
  • July 14, 2006 5:34 AM BST
    Forgot :try cyproterone 50mg daily and another estrogen. Like dissolve ethnyl estradiol under your tounge.
  • July 18, 2006 2:51 AM BST
    Ariel please take the advice of some of the girls here and see your Doctor. The most important thing we have in life is our health.

If you're not confident enough to see him/her then are you really ready to begin your transition?

• August 6, 2006 2:00 AM BST
    I'm 37 and experienced the same pain and sensitivity in my nipples at around the same time as you (I'm now at 7 weeks; I'm taking cyproterone and premarin, though my dose is higher). A snug sports bra might help endure the pain while it's there, so that you don't have any loose shirts moving around or rubbing the area.

Definitely, medical supervision is a good idea. Often, even physicians who prefer not to become involved in gender change process will still take on a trans patient if they know that you've already started hormones. Usually, they'd rather you take them under supervision, rather than keep doing so in a risky fashion. Just keep yourself educated on recommended dosage types, so you'll know if he's trying to short-change you.

http://www.annelawrence.c[...]ns.html

You might even want to bring a copy of that with you. Not all GPs are familiar with the process, so your Doc might find it handy too.
    • 2463 posts
    June 29, 2005 12:29 AM BST
    Ariel,
    While I am not in your situation, I am responding as a way to push your posting back to the top of the forum postings. Girls, who can help out here?

Mere
    • 2627 posts
    June 29, 2005 12:57 AM BST
    Hi Ariel
    I did a little checking. These forums are so full of info.
    Read this why are they tender?
    I'm glad your not afraid to ask. People here so much want to help.
    • 2573 posts
    June 29, 2005 5:38 AM BST
    Ariel,

I'm still watching out for you, let me know if you need anything.
    • 2573 posts
    June 29, 2005 6:58 AM BST
    http://www.globaldrug.tv/

And use those links I gave you in chat.
    • 1652 posts
    June 29, 2005 1:57 PM BST
    here's a link that explains in more detail why you are experiencing sensitivity, and what you might expect from hormone use, breast-wise at least.
    http://transwoman.tripod.[...]dev.htm
    premarin seems to be going out of fashion as hormone therapy for ts patients, probably because of the reason sandra has pointed out. i take "estrofem", one form of the 17b estradiol that sandra referred to, and i use an estradiol gel called "sandrena". i also take progesterone for part of the month.
    if you're not sure what you're doing with hormones you really shouldn't be taking them, so please do some serious research and if possible seek medical advice.
    good luck.
    xx