hiding cleft

• July 1, 2005 12:05 AM BST
    Does anyone have any make up tips or suggestions for hiding a chin cleft (dipple)? Do they make some kind of cover up that is good enough to even out the depression a little?

Thanks for any info.

M
  • July 4, 2005 8:27 PM BST
    Sarah,

Thanks for the response but I think my heart would beat out of my chest at a make up counter. I want my pics to look better but have a rounded face and noticable dipple (telling). Maybe I will try this week, hey I guess I got nothing to lose and cuteness to gain. Watch for a pic or 2 soon let me know what ya think.

Mara
    • 2573 posts
    July 4, 2005 9:38 PM BST
    If your main concern is photographs, do not underestimate the effectiveness of lightening the mid-cleft and matting the highlights. It is the opposite technique of creating a cleavage with makeup. There are a number of "tutorials" on the internet, for creating the appearance of greater cleavage, that you can refer to. It is easy to fool the camera. I've used these techniques for painting metal minatures. For makeup in public, it will me a bit more difficult and I am only just starting to work on these techniques with makeup, so you will need advice from a more experienced girl, gg or tg, for help with that.
    • 1980 posts
    July 12, 2005 10:16 PM BST
    Hi Mara-

If I didn't get a chance before, I'd like to say hi and welcome to the group. So..."hi and welcome to the group." As far as makeup tips, I know it's scary but going to a makeup counter really is a good idea. The first few times I did it I nearly peed myself, but you know what, I've never been treated rudely ever. If you go to a counter in a large size department store in a metropolitan area, you can bet the staff there has seen lots and lots of girls like us and they won't bat an eye. All of them have been trained to treat customers with courtesy and respect and of course they want to make a sale.

If you still can't bring yourself to try that, then you might check out some books on doing stage makeup. There are several at Barnes and Noble that I've seen and also stuff on the web. Stage makeup specializes in all sorts of special effects, as you know, and you can find techniques for all sorts of effects. Of course what looks good under stagelights from 50' away may look kind of overdone closeup in broad daylight but I'm sure you can figure out how to tone things down.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Hugs...Joni